|Job Title:||Security Cleared Linux Engineer/3rd Line Linux Support|
|Contact Name:||Cassie Butcher|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Security Cleared Linux Engineer/3rd Line Linux Support (VMware/Windows) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 12 months contract (to be taken in 6 month stints), to be based 5 days a week on client site in Solihull, West Midlands.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- The successful applicant will be a 3rd Line Linux Engineer, with VMware & Windows experience
- Providing technical support for all services as part of the 3rd Line Team and assist in the day to day operations/duties of the SD-WAN Service.
- The successful applicant must be able to work on client site in Solihull, West Midlands 5 days a week
- The engineer will also work with the current support personnel to understand the products and their use across the shared service and to develop their diagnostic skills / capability.
- Must have demonstrable 3rd line support experience
- Experience and knowledge of Linux and using MS Service Centre Support tool
- Experience of having been in a support role, in a Managed Service tooling environments, with knowledge of Data Centre and Virtualisation solutions
- Investigation of issues relating to the shared service: Linux, rSyslog, Bash & Shell Scripts
- Generation of Support documentation. Maintain full and accurate records and progress all customer fault reports and technical enquiries
- To work with and alongside development engineers for skill transfer
- The reception of escalated fault reports and technical enquiries. Analysis, investigation and production of support solutions relating to the deployed equipment or service
- Re-Installation support (including method statements)
- Configuration support
- Service handover (including handover documentation)
- System Monitoring & Event management (office hours)
- Collation of Performance & Availability Data
- A high level of technical knowledge of the products in scope and its implementation
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered. This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
3rd Line Infrastructure & Applications Support Engineer
3rd Line Support Engineer/Wintel/VDI/Windows Server/VMWare
2nd Line Network Support Engineer
Wintel Support Engineer