|Job Title:||Research Engagement Manager- Mandarin speaking|
|Contact Name:||Jianghui Zhang|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Job title: Research Engagement Manager- Mandarin speaking
The post holder will facilitate the continued collaboration between our client and research institutes in Scotland, with an emphasis on potential collaborations across the UK and EU.
You will be responsible for exploring cutting-edge technology research to recommend high-value opportunities.
In addition, the individual will build collaboration resource maps for different technology fields in order to match the collaboration requirements from different Business Departments. One of the key responsibilities will be providing an in-depth technical insight of academic and industrial strength in basic technologies, electronic technologies, and especially computing technologies.
You will be the contact point in order to develop a strong co-working environment with the university partners to build upon and maintain a long-term partnership.
What you will do:
- Maintain and strengthen the long-term partnership with University of Edinburgh.
- Manage and operate the Joint-Lab between our client and University of Edinburgh.
- Provide support to project managers, scoping technology collaboration, organising workshop and other events, and other routine administration relating to industry-academia liaison.
- Manage and operate the Innovation and Communication Platform funded by our client. The collaboration fields cover basic technologies, electronic technologies, and computing technologies.
- Explore the cutting-edge technology research, identifying and suggesting high-value opportunities to senior management. Build and maintain collaboration resource maps for the different technology fields to match all the requirements from different Business Departments.
- Provide an in-depth technical insight of Scotland's academic and industrial strengths within basic technologies, electronic technologies, and computing technologies.
- Facilitate the creation of new technology collaboration opportunities.
- Act as the Collaboration representative of Edinburgh Research Centre. Discover the cutting-edge technologies and potential opportunities for technology collaborations across the UK and EU, particularly in the software industry.
The ideal candidate:
- Comprehensive academic background in Computer Science or relevant subjects.
- Experience in Research Project Management and/or Academia-Industrial Collaborations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computing technologies and either basic technologies or electronic technologies.
- A good understanding of the UK research ecosystem.
- Self-motivated, well organised and a good team player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Mandarin (simplified Chinese)
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Events Coordinator and Administrator_Mandarin speaking
Town Planning Manager
Town Planner/Planning Manager
Town Planner - Telecoms - RTPI
Content & Communications Specialist - B2B
Compliance Lead - Consumer Finance