Release And Deployment Manager
Contract or Permanent
WORK PATTERN: 5 DAYS (MON-FRI) STANDARD WORKING HOURS WORKING ON SITE with occasional trips to Basingstoke for processing of Media.
*security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered*
Leading IT Services Provider in the defence sector require a skilled Release and Deployment Manager to join their team in Corsham
REQUIREMENT: As part of the Through Life Support (TLS) New Style of IT (Deployed) (NSOIT(D)) programme we are seeking an experienced Release and Deployment Manager to be on site working directly with the Customer Authority to ensure a fully delivered End to End release management strategy and offering. The successful candidate will be able to possess a thorough working knowledge of the Release Management lifecycle including:
1. scheduling and coordinating releases across the account for multiple applications
2.implementing and managing the release process from development to testing then finally to the production environments
3 Communicate the project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, requirements, etc. between different teams.
As the customer operates a Master of Own Destiny (MOOD) it is imperative that the successful candidate can immerse themselves with the customer and track all releases along with the reporting of any non-conformance. The successful candidate will possess excellent customer service skills along with negotiation skills. This role will work in parallel with the Customer's Change Manager attending both the Change Release Board and Change Approval Board, along with the existing Release and Deployment Boards and also working directly with our SACM to ensure all elements of Release are fully captured in the CMDB There will be the day to day management of tickets and work orders, direct user engagement (reporting into the Customer Authority each morning) and be an ambassador for whilst attending customer site.
It will be your working knowledge of the Change and Release Management process which will help influence and adapt how it processes tickets. You will be reporting into the Service Delivery Manager based on site and working with her to deliver first class service to the Authority.
The core skills and experience required for this role are
- A good general IT Service Management background
- A thorough understanding of Change Management and Release Management processes and best practice procedures
- Scheduling, managing, and coordinating releases across multiple applications within the account across different teams and projects
- Manage and mitigate risks and resolve issues regarding release quality and schedule
- Planning and reporting
- Monitoring the release process and collecting feedback from the different teams as well as customers for review
- The ability to chair meetings
- Knowledge of Remedy
- Relationship building with Customers, Internal Teams, and 3rd Party suppliers
Please apply via this site in the first instance, or send a CV with a covering note to Amber.Lowman@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.