Hybrid- Manchester/Reading/Leamington Spa
We're looking for a career focused and dynamic Surveyor to carry out effective estate management of a geographical portfolio of sites, and be the first to act in order to mitigate risks, ensuring sites are available for continued use. As a Regional Surveyor, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining successful and effective relationships both with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
The successful person shall be responsible for the management and delivery of the estates transactional pipeline of work across a geographical portfolio of sites, including the implementation of the new Electronic Communications Code and Client's Code Strategy at a site level.
The client is exceptional, and working here means investment in you, your business and your long-term ambitions. With opportunities stretching across Europe, this is the start of our journey with us. We make a difference across Europe, in an industry that matters. This role is an exciting opportunity for somebody to start something new and leave a legacy.
The position will be can be based out of either our Leamington Spa, Manchester or Reading office, operating under a hybrid model of working: 3 days office-based and 2 days home-based.
Provide effective risk management within a geographical portfolio of sites and wider area as required. This includes but is not exclusive to:
- Ensure 100% visibility of risk to the continued operation of sites.
- Provide financial management of accruals, provisions and CAPEX requirements
- Ensure that all Key Performance Indicators and other personal and business targets are met Support strategic site acquisitions and disposals
- Maintain/update property records (electronic and filed) promoting good Estate Management
- Promote an effective Safety, Health and Environmental culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within area of operation
- Maintain a secure working environment in line with the requirements of the Client's Security Policy in order to protect individuals, information and Client's assets
- Management of crop loss / grazing loss compensation cases and other matters relating to compensation for damage or disturbance
- Undertake a comprehensive range of professional asset and estates management duties and project delivery tasks across the corporate and occupational portfolio
- Manage financial planning and budgeting of property assets and commercial projects to minimise costs and risks, develop and execute plans to exploit revenue, develop financial opportunities, report and manage information on activities and performance
- Undertake and/or manage rent review negotiations with Landlords and Agents in line with business targets and rent containment strategies
- Provide input, advice, expertise and technical resource to support property asset management activities and corporate and commercial projects
- Work with other internal and external professional teams to deliver best practice, engagement and customer focused property services in line with performance measures and business targets
- Promote the team as a centre of excellence and support, develop and implement relevant policy, guidelines and legislation
- Support and monitor the estates and property risk registers and pipelines of litigation cases, ensuring the appropriate provision of reports and briefing notes
- Support governance and process improvements and maintain appropriate controls and management of data
- Contribute to internal and external communication and stakeholder engagement and interface with senior management on strategic issues and disputes
Suitable applicants will be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of land / property law, with direct experience in litigation and dispute resolution.
You should also be able to evidence the following:
- Experience gained within the Telecoms sector.
- A property based qualification at degree level
- Excellent organisational skills together with experience using data management tools and a high degree of computer literacy.
- Proven negotiation skills with the confidence and gravitas to act independently on behalf of the company.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- MRICS qualification would be preferred.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.