Programme Cost Controller - Permanent - Mobile Telecoms - Reading/Hybrid (1-2 days per week in office)
In a nutshell - We're looking for someone to be responsible for the forecasting, tracking, control and reporting of the Always On Air Programme budget and burn rate to agreed targets.
This individual will also be responsible for supporting the Senior Programme Manager, extended team and programme team on financial aspects of the AOA Programme as well as the functional teams delivering to the programmes.
We are looking for someone with strong financial analysis experience and excellent Excel skills - someone who can look at a spreadsheet and turn it into pie charts etc to take to senior managers.
The Always On Air Team proactively manages all stages of the AOA life cycle. The Programme Cost Controller supports the AOA Team and reports directly to the Senior Programme Manager.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Financial Management - Operationalising forecasting and budgeting for the programme.
- Continuous improvement of financial handling in all aspects. Key Programme liaison with Commercial Finance and BPT team
- Responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive budget reporting and financial dashboard to provide a coherent view of the AOA Programme financial status.
- Responsible for supporting the AOA team on all financial governance and financial aspects of the AOA Programme.
- Responsible for the proactive management of all financial interdependencies, budget risks and issues relating to the AOA programme. Where required, timely escalation to the relevant programme manager with proposed corrective action.
- Vendor and SWC Management - to handle escalations to director level within vendor organisation. Challenging costs for statements of work, ensuring best value for Shareholders.
- Chairing and documenting programme level/financial reviews with shareholders.
- Responsible for supporting the transformation and continuous improvement of the end-to-end methodologies, processes and capabilities required to manage the financial governance, financial budgeting, forecasting, funding allocation for AOA projects and programmes in the company including all related forums and governance control points.
- Responsible for the proactive identification and implementation of efficiency and cost saving initiatives to maximise the benefit delivered by the AOA Programme.
What we are looking for:
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience managing programme budgets and strong finance analysis skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Industry knowledge desirable
- IT Literate
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Excel
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Town Planner - Telecoms - RTPI
Compliance Lead - Consumer Finance
Content & Communications Specialist - B2B
Town Planner/Planning Manager
Town Planning Manager
Software Engineering Lead