|Job Title:||Procurement Category Manager|
|Contact Name:||Nithya Dhanakkodi|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Procurement Category Manager - Infrastructure & Site Maintenance
The main purpose of the Category manager role is to take ownership of a range of sub-categories within IT (Hardware & Software) and HR Services, together with the associated company spend and relevant supplier base. The Category Manager will develop appropriate commercial strategies and approaches to optimise value-for-money and minimise supplier-related risk.
* Category Strategy Management Lead the business in agreeing and delivering clear and compelling sub-category strategies which fully support the company's strategic objectives (as cascaded each year). Understand the Value Chain and challenge materials, specifications, origins etc. to deliver value improvements.
* Lead supplier event days and other internal/external communication forums aimed at developing and engaging with the supply base to improve performance.
* Demonstrate expertise in the development of all types of market-facing documents in all relevant categories and types of procurement activity. Lead cross-functional Client teams in the evaluation of large, complex, organization-wide agreements.
* Stakeholder Relationship Management Develop and maintain relationships with internal & external key stakeholders to ensure Procurement governance and facilitate post-award relationship management.
* Negotiate both new and renewal commercial contractual agreements with suppliers within Category to ensure the service, quality, added value, total cost of ownership, security of supply and supplier's deployment plans are secured, and risks and issues are mitigated. Develop robust negotiation plans with business partners for complex procurement negotiations and coach other Team members in how to approach negotiations. Gather and apply leading edge procurement negotiation thinking and practice across the organization.
* Experience delivering change and improvement across partnerships and organizational boundaries.
* Ability to design, develop and manage Category sourcing strategies.
* 5+ years in a Procurement or Supply Chain Management environment.
* RFP management.
* Goal deployment of strategy and process creation.
* Procurement and supplier management experience in an estates management, professional service or asset management background.
What we Offer
* Competitive salary and bonus structure.
* Competitive pension scheme.
* Flexible working/Work from Home/Hybrid working
* Life insurance.
* Cycle to Work.
* Retail Discounts.
* Competitive refer a friend scheme.
* Private Healthcare Insurance
If you would like to be considered, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Junior Project Manager
Junior Project Manager
Document Controller - SharePoint Expert - Telecoms
Global Customs Compliance Expert