|Job Title:||Problem & Continuous Improvement Manager|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Problem & Continuous Improvement Manager
Reading based contract, but can be mainly remote working
We have an exciting opportunity for a Problem & Continuous Improvement Manager to join our busy team and lead and proactively manage all aspects of Problem Management and Continuous improvement. You will own and relentlessly manage the delivery of Problem Management and Continuous Improvement services by the supplier ecosystem to achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets set by EE/BT, Three and the MBNL AOP.
Other responsibilities of the Problem & Continuous Improvement Manager include:
- Responsible for assuring the problem management service to maximise the performance of the service in accordance with ITIL best practice. This includes identification, classification, prioritisation, documentation and eradication / management of root causes.
- Working in collaboration with suppliers, Shareholders and other parts of MBNL, Responsible for ensuring that the continuous Improvement framework and governance is effective and maintained, allowing visibility/reporting for all active Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for Ensure MSP are capturing high quality information during the problem management process in line with their contractual obligations and how the process is defined in the Service Operation Manual. Focus on understanding the root cause for the gap between the actual performance and 100%
- Responsible for ensuring MBNL are delivering their obligations to support suppliers in delivering their problem and continuous improvement services, including ensuring process interlocks with other suppliers / shareholders are effective and well maintained.
- Work collaboratively with the suppliers to gain sponsorship and implement Improvement initiatives to improve both the effectiveness of the service and technical improvements to the resilience and performance of the network.
- Based on data analysis, shareholder feedback on customer experience (direct or indirect) or industry knowledge, actively contribute to the Problem Management and CI by identifying new problem investigations and CI initiatives that MBNL would like MSP to undertake. Ensure continual improvement activities are co-ordinated and act as the ambassador for continual improvement culture within MBNL.
- Support the Service Delivery function in providing insight into current problem and continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage the interface with Incident Management and Change Management functions to ensure that good quality inputs are received into problem management in the form of confirmation that the Known Error Database (KEDB) has been used and recorded information/categorisation on incident resolution.
- Act as an interface between Operations, the business and other suppliers / service providers to ensure that problems requiring customer involvement are fully investigated and resolved
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of information about Known Errors and Workarounds. Review workarounds to confirm they are not causing issues / disruption
- Manage the performance of your team, drive high performance by setting stretching and challenging objectives. Continually review these and provide feedback on an on-going basis.
- Be a true service provider - understand your customers' needs and encourage your team to deliver a great service internally and externally.
- Be an active member of the Leadership Team, create, deliver and embed change initiatives that positively drive performance and engagement.
The successful Problem & Continuous Improvement Manager will have:
- Strong experience of establishing, developing and leading an operations function accountable for Problem Management and Continuous Improvement to achieve agreed business outcomes, performance targets and industry benchmarks.
- Detailed knowledge of the methodologies, processes and capabilities required to deliver best in class technical and business services.
- Strong experience of managing, motivating, monitoring and improving performance of contractors and suppliers.
- Strong experience of building deep, effective relationships and an understanding of organisational politics. An ability to use these to socialise and influence stakeholders.
- Experience of working with, briefing and influencing senior members of leadership teams.
- Experience of managing the natural tensions between customer, commercial and technical requirements.
- Experience of bringing industry best practice into an organisation and using this to drive continuous improvement and an understanding of how to lead and manage high performance teams.
- Detailed understanding of ITIL best practice for Problem Management and Continuous Improvement.
To apply for the Problem & Continuous Improvement Manager please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
3rd Line Infrastructure & Applications Support Engineer
Junior Project Manager
MID LEVEL PROJECT MANAGER - HYBRID - DUBLIN - CONTRACT
Salary: £40000 - £41000 per annum
.NET SOLUTION ARCHITECT (MIDDLEWARE) - CONTRACT - REMOTE
24 Hour Operations Centre Technician