ONSITE TECHNICIAN - TECH BAR - CONTRACT
Leading Managed Services Provider in the Public and Defence Sector requires an onsite technician -TECH BAR. The candidate role is responsible for routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and / or software to fulfil business requirements and / or maintain continued operation of the Forces desktop estate.
Candidate to be able to travel around the Hampshire area attending Police site locations covering hours from 0630 - 1400 or 10 -1800.
Location: Oxford, Kidlington
Duration: 5 months + possible extension
**NVPP3 clearance is required but candidates can apply who are eligible to go through the process
Interview: One Stage Face to Face interview in Kidlington
- The installation, testing, implementation or decommissioning and removal of cabling, wiring, equipment, hardware and appropriate software, following plans and instructions and in accordance with agreed standards to maintain continued operation of the Forces desktop estate.
- The undertaking of routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and / or software to fulfil business requirements and / or maintain continued operation of the Forces desktop estate.
- Takes ownership for the correction of malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and external resources if required to maintain continued operation of the Forces desktop estate.
- The documentation of details of all hardware / software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated to maintain the integrity of the Forces estate.
- Develop and maintain installation procedures and standards to ensure consistency in all aspects of the Forces desktop estate.
- Ensures a timely response to Incidents and Requests for the support, resolution and management of the Forces Desktop estate.
- Dealing with urgent needs of the Police force with exceptional customer skills to resolving from 1st Line to 2nd line resolutions.
- Able to understand how the application of ICT technology impacts the Forces' Policing and business objectives and processes.
- Able to achieve significant outcomes through influence and persuasion rather than through direct line authority.
- Good communication skills - written and oral, customer focussed, team-worker, who is a flexible, adaptable, problem solver and able to work systematically and with little direct supervision.
- Good understanding of IT operating infrastructure.
- Good understanding of the Force's ICT systems.
- Must have capability to travel to different locations across both Forces and undertake all assignments in a timely manner. Due to the requirement to work flexibly, unsocial hours and personal safety for lone working.
Public transport may not be available or suitable at these times. For this reason a full UK driving licence is considered essential. *
Please apply via this ad in the first instance or send a CV with covering note or contact me on 07587743762 or Balla@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
SECURITY ARCHITECT - BASINGSTOKE - ONSITE - CONTRACT
CYBER SECURITY ARCHITECT - READING - CONTRACT - HYBRID
INFRASTRUCTURE TEST LEAD/MANAGER- CONTRACT - HYBRID
MASTER DATA ANALYST - HYBRID - CONTRACT - READING
SR. RAN PERFORMANCE SPECIALIST/CONSULTANT - CONTRACT- HYBRID
IFS ERP - DEVELOPER /LEAD CONTRACT - HYBRID - READING