M&E Design Engineer
Reading/ Hybrid working
MBNL is jointly owned by EE and Three, two of the UK's leading and most innovative mobile operators. Since established in 2007 as the industry's first network-sharing joint venture, MBNL has been providing best-in-class mobile infrastructure services to EE and MBNL is jointly owned by EE and Three, two of the UK's leading and most innovative mobile operators. Since established in 2007 as the industry's first network-sharing joint venture, MBNL has been providing best-in-class mobile infrastructure services to EE and Three for serving their tens of millions of customers in the UK. Working at MBNL means being part of a team where you feel connected, valued and supported.
MBNL are looking to recruit a Design Engineer to support M&E within MBNL, driving cost-effective site design, developing products, guidance and processes to support this goal.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Steer the development of Mechanical, Electrical and Enclosure solutions to support SH demand for shared products
- Develop MBNL guidance to supplement developments within the M&E and enclosure space.
- Identify areas of design guidance that require attention.
- Communicate the latest developments within MBNL guidance to internal and external parties.
- Collaborate with both shareholders to clarify their technical requirements and guide them to appropriate design solutions.
- Develop strategic guidance to support the Health and Safety team with any risks or issues that require Mechanical, Electrical or Enclosure support for both legacy, end of life and new products.
- Provide Principal Contractors with design Advice and guidance through clear documentation and direct communication.
- MBNL design guides and ability to clearly communicate them internally and externally.
- Support the Site Design team with queries relating to Concessions and Deviations approval.
- Address FIXIT concessions/approvals within MBNL tools
- Supporting Design seminars to distribute and explain documentation.
- Be a promoter and supporter of Health, Safety and Quality for MBNL cell sites.
- Contribute to developing MBNL's approach to asset management in terms of overall lifecycle management.
- Support Design seminars to distribute and explain documentation.
What we are looking for:
- Current Driving Licence
- Computer literate for MS Word, MS Excel, Emails, MS PowerPoint, AutoCAD
- 3-5+ years design experience in general telecoms infrastructure with an operator, MSP or Designer/PC.
- A good design Authority background
- Ability to interpret and author documentation to a good standard.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Specialism in either Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Electrical backed up by HNC or degree level qualifications
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Town Planner - Telecoms - RTPI
Product Designer - UI/UX
Software Engineering Lead
Cabling Engineer -Copper and Fiber-Heathrow-Contract
Content & Communications Specialist - B2B