Paralegal - Property Litigation
Hybrid Working - 2-3 days per week in Reading
The MBNL in-house legal team provides commercially focused and efficient legal solutions together with risk management support across all the areas of MBNL requiring legal property support. This includes Lease Renewals, the NTQ (Notice to Quit) Team, Site Access and the Towers & Antennas programme.
The purpose of the role is to provide paralegal support within the Legal Property Litigation team, reporting to the Legal Counsel (Strategic Litigation) whilst also providing support to the broader Legal Property team as required.
The successful candidate will work closely with the other paralegals in the MBNL Legal Property team to ensure effective paralegal support to the team as a whole.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Supporting the litigation team on site specific queries / activities, supporting litigation and associated activities
- Involvement in site access activities
- SME responsibility for advising on and supporting the company's tree lopping activities
- Providing support on litigation reporting
- Deeds management: locating deeds as required by colleagues and by MBNL's property agents
- Supporting and where appropriate coordinating litigation disclosure activities, including but not limited to undertaking searches for and compiling documents for disclosure, liaising with panel legal firms, regional property surveyors, smalls works contractors, shareholders and MBNL legal colleagues
- Attending shareholder and third party court/tribunal hearings, physically and remotely as required; reporting timeously to the Litigation Counsel (Strategic Litigation) as to the conduct and outcome of those matters, together with strategic observations
- Costs award management, tracking and reporting
- Data analysis, completing reporting requests, database updates, monitoring data platforms and systems
- Mailshot activities when mass communication or material sharing is required
- Supporting strategic planning and review as required
- Drafting and reviewing Guidance Notes and legal property team process documents
- Managing the counsels' opinion database on Hive
- Active member of the Know How team, contributing to knowledge sharing and platform maintenance
- Supporting the preparation, review and management of the litigation documents toolkit
What we are looking for:
- Experience and understanding of the litigation process
- Experience of working in one or more of the following areas: Telecommunications, Commercial or real estate litigation, in-house property legal team and/or commercial real estate
- Excellent word processing skills including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated research and analysis abilities
- Ability to handle and prioritise large workloads and to adapt and learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well and thrive under pressure
- The following attributes: organisation, efficiency, enthusiasm, resilience, integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work in and contribute effectively to a large team comprising members with different expertise and priorities
To apply for the Paralegal - Property Litigation, please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.