Role: Litigation Counsel - Mobile Telecoms Property - Landlord & Tenant Act
Location: Theale (Hybrid)
Reporting to the Senior Litigation Counsel, this role will provide practical and commercially astute legal advice and support to the Acquisition and Estates teams dealing with all aspects of the Electronic Communications Code (ECC) in relation to the site portfolio. In particular, it will support the teams working on Renewals and have responsibility for the management and delivery of advice on areas such as Para 33 and 1954 Act to find the best solutions for securing lease renewals and managing general property disputes. In the Acquisition space, the role will also involve overseeing litigation case management to deliver best outcomes and (where relevant) working with the external law firms to ensure proper control of legal spending and excellent value for money.
To work with and support the Senior Litigation Counsel and the wider Legal & Compliance team to deliver team objectives that support the wider company objectives and performance. To identify, contribute to and regularly review personal objectives to ensure that they remain relevant to business objectives and are on target.
Litigation Guidance and Support
- To provide proactive advice and guidance to the Acquisition and Estates teams on property disputes and litigation tactics to enable the business to (a) renew site agreements effectively whilst minimising risk and costs (b) acquire new sites and (c) resolve disputes efficiently and on the best terms possible.
- To support the Senior Litigation Counsel on other aspects of the business strategy in relation to Code including (where relevant) delivering changes to agreements and other processes/guidance.
- To provide day-to-day advice and support on wider property disputes across the business in relation to the site portfolio.
- To provide advice to, and guide, the business to ensure continuity of service and minimise disruption to the customers' networks
Litigation Case Management
- To have overall responsibility for ensuring the delivery of timely and appropriate advice from and instructions to external advisers.
- To monitor legal spend and potential risk exposure on litigation cases.
- To manage the external law firms on litigation matters including tracking activity and ensuring proper reporting.
Legal Processes And Other Projects
- To ensure that the relevant governance processes relating to Renewals are properly supported and implemented and to input into the governance projects being devised and implemented by the Operations team.
- To provide support to, and input on, on other key projects across the business where necessary.
Innovation and Training
- Understanding the commercial requirements of the business, to proactively consider and propose new initiatives and ideas to (a) improve those litigation processes; and (b) drive efficient delivery of litigation services from external law firms.
- To help deliver all relevant training on issues relating to litigation and the Code.
- Supplier Management
- To support the Senior Litigation Counsel with proper management of the Company's external law firms to ensure proper handling and oversight of all contentious property matters including proper reporting and cost control. To develop and cement good working practices by the law firms.
- Working with the Senior Litigation Counsel, to build and maintain relationships with (i) the key internal teams including Property and Estates and Finance and (ii) the shareholder legal teams liaising with them as necessary to ensure clear and defined ways of working, proper risk management and their overall support and awareness.
Compliance & Security
- To support, and actively contribute to, all health and safety, environmental, business continuity, information security and other compliance arrangements to help ensure that the business meets its obligations to its customers and build a Compliance focused culture
- Landlord and tenant litigation experience (2-4 yrs PQE min.) in a reputable private practice firm.
- Great interpersonal skills with proven ability to positively influence and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Should you be keen on this exciting opportunity, please click on Apply!
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.