Lead Security Architect /Consultant
We are currently recruiting for Lead Security Architect for a leading telecom company based in Reading. As architect you are accountable for the technical design and deliver of security solutions within the organization and hybrid cloud networks, defining security architecture and requirements for systems and application to ensure that products, projects and programmes are secure by design.
As a senior member you will be expected to support the wider team by providing technical expertise and guidance, improving technical security standards, patterns and the team processes, as well as supporting the leadership team with resource and budget planning.
You will be working with colleagues and partners to deliver Client's outcomes and you will need to be able to successfully challenge and govern partner activities and have an awareness of partner contracts.
- Actively represent the security organisation within business project initiatives, providing technical security leadership to ensure that security requirements and outcomes are defined and considered throughout the lifecycle of projects from conception to operation.
- Collaborate closely with a broad range of stakeholders across the business and be able to articulate the security vision, principles and governance/assurance standards for security consultants and solution architects within the organisation and our partners
- Provide security requirements and design input across several projects or technologies across client's Network and Enterprise business domains at any one time.
- Provide effective governance and assurance of security deliverables by our partners and internal teams within Client's, where necessary also supporting security consultants and solution architects through review and approvals.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry standards and have an evolving level of technical expertise relevant to the role.
- In conjunction with your peers in the strategy team, define and maintain the Security Product and Capability Catalogue, by maintaining a broad understanding of security products and their use within Client's and supporting the assessment of new products and capabilities.
- Create, review, and approve requirements capture, architecture, design, delivery and test documentation and other artefacts used in the design and delivery lifecycle by Client's and its partners, ensuring that effective governance and technical assurance can be performed. Maintain and improve the use of artefact templates.
- Ensure that there is effective capacity management and planning in place for the security services and solutions assigned to you and ensure that the solution is incorporated into the 18-month technical and budget roadmap for capacity expansion and service improvement.
- Support the Programme and Project Manager in project planning, risk and issue management and the budgeting process.
- Support the security department leadership team in reporting, and roadmap and resource planning.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience working in Cyber Security within a technical field.
- Must have a mix of security consulting, architecture/design, and professional services experience.
- Must be able to lead the design and review of secure system architectures using or developing patterns and principles, where necessary challenging to create precedents and set direction.
- Must be able to work at multiple levels within the organisation from technical delivery to senior management.
- Must have a strong knowledge of system architectures and be able to understand and articulate the impact of vulnerabilities on existing and future designs and systems, and how easy or difficult it will be to exploit these vulnerabilities.
- Must be well versed in the application of security policies and standards, governance, compliance, risk management and technical assurance practices.
- Should have experience of using common information security management frameworks, such as NIST, PCI, GDPR, ISO Series, OWASP the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), the ISF Standards of Good Practice (SoGP) and ISACA's Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT) frameworks.
- Must have expertise and experience in one or more of the following technical domains:
- Cloud/Hybrid security
- Infrastructure and data centre security
- Network security
- Application security
- Identity and access management
- Vulnerability Management
- Must have expertise in defining and then governing the delivery of security contractual/business outcomes and know how to influence/negotiate technical outcomes with 3rd parties, including conflict resolution due to changing priorities.
- Must have experience of documenting and implementing processes, procedures and architecture/ design/ decision templates required to structure and govern an architecture, design and delivery lifecycle.
- Must have experience working at pace within a complex operational environment / large organisation.
- One or more of the following security and architecture related certifications would be desirable: SANS / GIAC / CISSP / CISM / SABSA / TOGAF
- Experience at improving the maturity of security controls and their implementation is desirable.
If interested, please do drop your CV to email@example.com or refer your friend who would be interested in the role.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
SECURITY ARCHITECT - BASINGSTOKE - ONSITE - CONTRACT
IFS ERP - DEVELOPER /LEAD CONTRACT - HYBRID - READING
Cyber Security Consultant/ Architect
Lead Infrastructure Management Architect
Network Architect/LAN Architect