|Job Title:||Lead PMO|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Quinn|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
We have an exciting new opportunity for a PMO Lead to join a major UK Telecoms Infrastructure company on a contract up until February 2023. This role will be a hybrid opportunity based out of Reading 2 days per week. The purpose of the role is to provide technical guidance to the Project Management Office (PMO) and work with the PMO Manager in the management and delivery of Cornerstones Project Governance Process and the Change Plan.
The role will be key to driving best practice Project Delivery across the whole of Cornerstone, by defining & standardising the Project working practices and their associated artifacts.
The role will also require the gathering & interpreting of information and documentation relating to Business requirements which can be analysed to provide proposals for future Business solutions / Projects.
- Responsible for managing the day to day Cornerstone Project governance process within the PMO for all Internal Projects.
- To review and assess the Project Governance Process with the aim of seeking efficiencies and continued improvement.
- Leading Project Managers and Business Owners through the Cornerstone Project Working governance from the initial idea through to the final Project Delivery.
- To lead the scoping and requirement gathering for any PMO internal Projects. This could involve their Project Management or just the initial scoping so it can be handed over to the appropriate team to provide the Project Delivery.
- To define, maintain and improve the Governance of work submissions into specific IT Teams (Agresso / Remedy). To ensure all work is understood, impact Assessed and allocated in line with the available resource in the specific area. To produce regular reports / slide decks on progress and chair meetings with teams across the business
- Prepare presentation material for management review meetings and attend Business Approval Board meetings where all new Projects are reviewed.
- Experience of Project Management methodologies (ie. PRINCE2).
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
- Clear and concise communication skills both upward and within the team.
- Ability to work in fluid, high-pressure environments on multiple items to tight deadlines.
If this looks interesting, please click on APPLY!
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Document Controller - SharePoint Expert - Telecoms
Global Customs Compliance Expert
Payroll Specialist - CIPD
Solaris Engineer - SC Clear - Remote