Lead Java Developer (Telecom)- Home Based - Contract
Leading Managed Services Provider in the IT Sector require a skilled Java application developer on an ongoing contract basis.
* Develop high quality software components to meet client requirements participating in large and small development teams using traditional and agile delivery techniques.
* Implementing change requests to existing systems taking ownership of the full end-to-end delivery process.
* Delivery of high quality software to test and support of test cycles
* Delivery of high quality software to production environment
* Lead and participate in production releases and subsequent support activities
* Responsible for solution design, Quality Assurance, maintaining system configuration information and production of software related documentation
* Estimation and planning of large scale projects and play lead role in bid preparation
* Designing highly scalable, secure solutions
* Provide coaching of more junior team members
* Minimum 12 years' Java experience with strong enterprise integration skills ideally in a Telco environment
* At least 5 years' experience working with the following technologies: Spring Framework, Web Services, Hibernate.
* Good knowledge of EJB, JTA, JDBC technologies
* Strong Maven build experience
* Extensive experience in requirement analysis, technical documentation and design skills.* Extensive experience in requirement gathering, functional documentation and UML skills
* Extensive experience in Distributed Software Engineering (e.g. REST/JSON, SOAP, SOA)
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong experience in RDBMS and SQL on at least one commercial database, preferably Postgres
* Experience in web services development
* Experience of at least one source code management system (e.g. SVN, GIT, Visual SourceSafe)
* Ability to work in large scale, high volume, real-time JEE environments and large scale integration projects
* Experienced in working with Cloud technologies, specifically AWS
* Knowledge of Wildfly/JBoss application servers
* Enterprise messaging JMS, MQ etc.
* Performance testing and tooling
* Knowledge of agile development
* Full delivery lifecycle exposure
* Relevant IT certification a bonus
* Background in Telco business domain would be a distinct advantage
If you are interested please apply via this ad in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Uma.Nidhi@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Cabling Engineer Lead - Copper & Fibre
Oracle Financials Technical Consutant
Service Delivery Manager_Mandarin speaking
MS Dynamics F&O Consultant
Location: City of London
MS Dynamics F&O Consultant