We're looking for an early careers Surveyor from a commercial property or telecoms background. To support the effective estate management of a geographical portfolio of sites. Working within a team of Regional Surveyors, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining successful and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
The successful candidate will work alongside external surveying and legal firms to manage and complete the replacement of contracts on our sites across 2 main programmes. This will include the implementation of the new Electronic Communications Code and Client's' Code Strategy at site level. You will work in support of the Regional Surveyors on estate management activities in the region including rent reviews, breach or dispute management, lift and shift projects and wayleaves.
You will work collaboratively with your colleagues in Site Negotiation, Site Management, Property Legal and Technical Operations to:
- Manage the implementation of the new Electronic Communications Code and Client's Code strategy at a site level.
- Drive agreement of Heads of Terms for replacement of our site contracts through implementation of statutory notices, legal escalation of negotiations where terms cannot be agreed and delivery of Client's strategy as the law around Code develops.
- Liaise with suppliers in relation to agreement of terms for capital deployment, implementing Client's developing strategy to ensure best investment decisions, and managing deals into Client's governance for approval.
- Support the Delivery Manager to deliver the estates transactional pipeline of work through the management of the external suppliers, providing instructions on terms, valuation and risk management in accordance with Client's policy.
- Support active renewal proceedings through instruction of 3rd party valuations, and without prejudice, landlord negotiations run in parallel with Code proceedings.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Customers, Landlords, Neighbours and Landlord agents.
- Support cost-containment and risk-management of the company's property interests.
- Support the management of external 3rd party consultants providing Estates Management and Acquisition services to Client's.
- Provide support to the Technical Operations department and their suppliers, with regard to Installation Services Delivery projects for our MNO and corporate customers, including:
- Subject matter advice, guidance and training on Client's estate management policy
- Support delivery through the lease renewal and capital deployment programmes and through legal escalation
- Support development of plans, budgets, timelines and implementation of execution strategy for individual customer programmes
- Seek to resolve issues arising in the rights acquisition process through rights acquisition process and Client's governance
Suitable applicants should have a good grounding in Surveying from a relevant property or telecoms sector background, combined with a relevant degree / apprenticeship or other related qualification.
You should also be able to evidence the following:
- Excellent organisational skills together with experience using data management tools and a high degree of computer literacy.
Excellent communication and relationship management
If interested please drop your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.