|Job Title:||IT Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Rory Glass|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
IT Project Manager
To provide professional project management of the IT project portfolio, to deliver assigned initiatives / projects that directly implement or contribute to the client's business objectives.
- In conjunction with the Lead IT Project Manager, to plan IT projects, ensuring resources are aligned and allocated accordingly, identifying any conflicts, risks or issues as appropriate.
- To maintain alignment of the IT Project portfolio and work to ensure the portfolio is delivered to the agreed schedule.
- To produce clear and achievable plans by ensuring the scope, objectives and resourcing requirements have been captured, thus gaining the support and buy in of all key stakeholders.
- To create and maintain project plans against which the project is managed and measured. The ability to revise plans to accommodate changing needs of the business.
- To manage the impact of change within the project and on the project plans in terms of scope, timescales, costs & quality ensuring that the impacts are clearly understood and sanctioned by key stakeholders
Project Governance and Control
- To provide clear and effective project governance by appropriate use of industry standard tools, and mediums such as meetings, one to ones and conference calls to regularly govern the project issues.
- To proactively surface and record all project risks, issues and dependencies, subsequently managing their mitigation and resolutions escalating as required to ensure the project remains on track
- To manage and lead a (matrix) team for the duration of the project drawn from relevant functions and areas of expertise within the company, its suppliers and shareholders that collectively delivers the project
- To manage all key stakeholders and stakeholder groups who are connected to the delivery of the project to ensure expectations are managed, critical decisions are made, key dependencies and requirements are addressed, and individual project delivery progress is clearly understood
- Report against targeted delivery and maintain tools and systems in line with project delivery plans to demonstrate progress to stakeholders
Compliance and Security
- To support and contribute actively to health and safety, environmental, business continuity and information security arrangements that meets our obligations to our customers
- Detailed technical knowledge of delivering IT projects
- Matrix management skills for disparate teams.
- Project management experience in delivering full software development life cycle projects in a dynamic environment
- Proven track record in the identification and implementation of process improvements
Experience of running projects within a Telecoms Cellular Network Infrastructure Share environment
Previous experience of managing Data or BI projects
Skills and Knowledge:
- A good relationship builder and ability to build trust through effective management of internal and external stakeholders.
- Clear and concise communication skills at all levels of the business
- Strong planning and organizational skills, Ability to prepare plans and anticipate change.
- Focused single mindedness and diligence in delivering business outcomes.
- Intermediate skills in Excel and MS Project
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Junior Project Manager
Project Manager - Oracle Financials
Warehouse IT Operative Configuration
Warehouse Operator - Configuration (IT systems based position)
Salary: Up to £12.53 per hour
Location: City of London