|Health & Safety Manager - Outsourced partners
|over 1 year ago
Health & Safety Manager
Reading/ Hybrid working
The Health, Safety, Quality and Environment team, working within the People team, is responsible for the management of Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental compliance of all work undertaken on the Radio Access Network sites used by Three and BT-EE.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Set expectations and lead by example on the HS Zero Harm journey. Lead improvements to functional and business HS maturity by proposing and implementing changes. Ensure compliance with our HSE Standards and absolute compliance with the 'Life Saving Rules'.
- Ensure all relevant projects and programmes (new or existing) follow Health and Safety Management policy, strategies, systems, processes and controls put in place by MBNL. Ensure MBNL H&S Policy is, at all times, up to date legally and conformant to good practice.
- Support local management and others in identifying hazards or significant changes, assessing the risks and identifying the associated risk reduction or mitigation actions. Design and deliver the required H&S assurance and monitoring regime for the business.
- Lead by example - set a culture of learning, continuously improvement & coaching. Ensure that health and safety is led by all leaders in our organisation and in our delivery partners organisations. Create a one team approach with these partner organisations.
- Identify, report and validate the required data via the HS&E MIS. Present HS&E performance using the standard reports to multiple audiences. Undertake further detailed analysis of data to support the development of performance improvement initiatives and to monitor progress against objectives and targets. Strive towards Zero Harm as per the MBNL Board Vision.
- Ensure health and safety is integral to, and proactively managed throughout, all phases of the project and operations lifecycle i.e. inception, detailed design, testing, large scale deployment, operation, maintenance, decommission and removal.
- Manage assigned areas of the wider MBNL H&S Strategy, as directed by the Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality, for MBNL to fulfil its 5 Year H&S Vision and Goals.
- Regularly collaborate and coordinate with MBNL's Commercial team to ensure proactive management of MBNL's preferred H&S Supplier(s) to time, cost, quality and performance
- Responsible for the effective implementation of all H&S policy and process on RAN sites, to ensure these have been designed, built, operated and maintained in compliance to all relevant legal and business health and safety standards.
- Responsible for implementing assigned initiatives, systems, processes and capabilities required to manage health and safety on behalf of MBNL, including relevant H&S forums, communications and governance control points.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant health and safety qualification / training e.g., NEBOSH, IOSH or NCRQ
- Good understanding of site health and safety risks, their management controls and relevant legal standards
- Strong ability to communicate and act professionally
- Clear sense of ownership and personal accountability
- A proven track record of bringing the best practice in to an organisation and using this to drive improvements
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deliver to time, quality and cost
- Telecoms experience a nice to have
To apply for the Health & Safety Manager please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Chinese speaking _ HR and Admin Assistant
SR. RAN PERFORMANCE SPECIALIST/CONSULTANT - CONTRACT- HYBRID
B2B RAN Consultant - mobile telecoms
RAN Performance Specialist
CYBER SECURITY ARCHITECT - READING - CONTRACT - HYBRID