|Health & Safety Manager - Incident Management - Telecoms
|over 1 year ago
Health & Safety Manager - Incident Management - Mobile Telecoms - Permanent - Berkshire
Hybrd working - will require 1-2days/week in Reading office
In a nutshell - We are looking for a H&S Manager who has managed major incidents/ incident management/ escalations and has experience in incident intelligence and reporting.
The Health, Safety, Quality and Environment team, working within the People team, is responsible for the management of Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental compliance of all work undertaken on the Radio Access Network sites used by the shareholders.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Set expectations and lead by example on the HS Zero Harm journey. Lead improvements to functional and business HS maturity by proposing and implementing changes. Ensure compliance with our HSE Standards and absolute compliance with the 'Life Saving Rules'.
- Ensure all relevant projects and programmes (new or existing) follow Health and Safety Management policy, strategies, systems, processes and controls put in place. Ensure H&S Policy is, at all times, up to date legally and conformant to good practice.
- Support local management and others in identifying hazards or significant changes, assessing the risks and identifying the associated risk reduction or mitigation actions. Design and deliver the required H&S assurance and monitoring regime for the business.
- Lead by example - set a culture of learning, continuously improvement & coaching. Ensure that health and safety is led by all leaders in our organisation and in our delivery partners organisations. Create a one team approach with these partner organisations.
- Identify, report and validate the required data via the HS&E MIS. Present HS&E performance using the standard reports to multiple audiences. Undertake further detailed analysis of data to support the development of performance improvement initiatives and to monitor progress against objectives and targets. Strive towards Zero Harm as per the Board Vision.
- Ensure health and safety is integral to, and proactively managed throughout, all phases of the project and operations life-cycle i.e. inception, detailed design, testing, large scale deployment, operation, maintenance, decommission and removal.
- Manage assigned areas of the wider H&S Strategy, as directed by the Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality, for the Company to fulfil its 5 Year H&S Vision and Goals.
- Regularly collaborate and coordinate with Commercial team to ensure proactive management of preferred H&S Supplier(s) to time, cost, quality and performance
- Incident Management & Investigation - Respond to incidents and maintain communications on the situation as needed. Responsible for ensuring the in-depth investigation, analyse incident data to identify and understand trends and to propose improvements actions which can be implemented across the sites. Monitor and communicate action closure status arising from incidents at site level. Where required, working with industry regulators, specialists and suppliers to implement
- Responsible for implementing assigned initiatives, systems, processes and capabilities required to manage health and safety on behalf of the Company, including relevant H&S forums, communications and governance control points.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant health and safety qualification / training e.g., NEBOSH, IOSH or NCRQ
- Good understanding of site health and safety risks, their management controls and relevant legal standards
- Incident Management experience
- Strong ability to communicate and act professionally
- Clear sense of ownership and personal accountability
- A proven track record of bringing the best practice in to an organisation and using this to drive improvements
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deliver to time, quality and cost
- Telecoms experience a nice to have
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Programme Manager - Telecoms - ADC
Programme Manager - Telecoms - ADC
B2B RAN Consultant - mobile telecoms
Procurement Category Manager - Design & Construction
IFS Product & Solutions Manager