- Ensure all financial elements of the SRN programme are well run and successfully tracked and delivered on time to our Grant obligations
- Build positive working relationships with key stakeholders within BDUK and the Mobile Network Operators (MNOs).
- Development and management of SRN project finances to ensure related tasks and milestone deliverables are completed on time, within budget and to the Grant obligations
- Represent the company's finance at monthly meetings with BDUK finance manager and company delivery team.
- Deputise for the FD as Chair of the SRN finance board
- Build strong relationships with the SRN finance leads within each MNO to ensure accurate and timely delivery of financial information.
- Ensure effective communication on all elements of the SRN project; such that there is the ability to facilitate timely and accurate financial forecasts across shareholders/government interfaces.
- Provide regular formal reporting on project finance progress, both internally within the company & externally to MNO's/Government.
- Manage financial forecasting & profiling within the programme via the management of a formal financial change control process across all MNOs.
- Ensure that correct governance processes are followed as per agreed formats, challenging all parties if there is a deviation from an agreed position.
- Within financial claims processes, ensure an efficient & compliant submission format is followed, and manage the process with the SRN Project Manager & Project Co-Ordinator to ensure that all required evidence is provided in a timely & accurate manner.
- Act as gatekeeper to claims for the MNOs, to ensure no missed or inaccurate claims to UK Government. Deal with BDUK claims & any queries that are raised.
- Manage overall financial delivery profile from MNOs to align with MNO delivery plans & ensure no misalignment.
- Ensure MNO finance & delivery teams are aligned at all times.
- Ensure financial risks or issues are captured within the main risk & issue log, ensuring ownership & resolution of finance related activities with stakeholders.
- Where failures are identified, co-ordinate MNO RCA (root cause analysis) & PIR (post incident) reporting of these issues, ensuring all aspects of failures are captured & formally logged, allowing easy transition into formal Board
reporting (via Delivery or Operations boards).
- Monitor compliance against SRN Asset Register for SRN project.
- Support the Cost Threshold process & ensure alignment across financial forecasting/profiling
- Act as the interface with MNO finance leads & Government finance lead, driving continuous alignment & optimal solutions for stakeholders.
- Ensure financial process documents are kept up to date & approved by all parties.
- Ensure straightforward compliance to allow easy commercial reporting back into DCMS on Grant Aid requirements.
- Utilise the financial level agreements within the SRN Schedules, including their review to ensure fit for purpose & that MNOs deliver against those.
- Manage the schedule and production of all financial deliverables for the required reporting to the SRN Delivery Board along with relevant distribution and appropriate filing.
- Create and manage monthly financial profile report, as laid out in the SRN Schedules
- Work collaboratively with the ISMS committee to maintain the ISO27001 certification and to maintain ISMS standards ongoing following certification.
Essential Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of project finance management techniques,methodologies and processes.
- Preferably experience & knowledge of telecoms deployment processes
- End to end knowledge of telecoms financial management activities & risks associated with every milestone
- Outstanding collaboration and partnership capabilities - internal and external.
- Ability to engage & influence at all levels of the business and maintain positive customer relationships
- Proven time management skills
- Proactive and self-motivated approach to delivery of tasks
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple work streams whilst achieving results through others
- Ability to respond effectively to ever changing business needs
- Strong skill set in coaching others with a focus on planning,organising and project management best practice.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Compliance Lead - Consumer Finance
Town Planning Manager
Town Planner/Planning Manager
Cabling Engineer -Copper and Fiber-Heathrow-Contract
Events Coordinator and Administrator_Mandarin speaking
Product Designer - UI/UX