The Company is the UK's fastest growing network operator with ambitious growth plans. We will be looking for you to help the team who are responsible for group and statutory financial reporting, balance sheet management reporting and forecasting.
You will be expected to support in providing technical advice on implications of different accounting treatments under IFRS and FRS 101. As well as this we will expect you to have an understanding of key audit issues across the business and co-ordinate with auditors to effectively address their concerns on these.
What does the role involve?
Audit Co-ordination and Management
A key role for the Financial Analyst is to help manage audit relationships from deliverables to audit issues, from planning meeting to clearance. This role will ensure that we deliver a successful (smooth and no-surprise) audit at half year, hard close and year end.
Statutory Accounts (FRS 101 Reporting)
Assist in the delivery of statutory accounts for all UK companies including UK (main operating company, Holding, ID Mobile and UKB).
CAS (IFRS Reporting)
Review of any critical areas ensuring timely preparation and submission of quarterly and annual budget CAS forms by the team. Support team in preparing certain disclosure forms for quarter end and annual budget.
Balance Sheet and Finance Manual
Team is responsible for balance sheet (RAG) reviews and finance manual. The Financial Analyst will play a key part in setting the plan, supporting the team, and ensuring that the process goes well and objectives are delivered on time.
Support Head of Financial Reporting on key projects. Currently we are reviewing the legal and capital structure of the organisation.
- Qualified accountant ACA from an Audit firm.
- Technical accounting / advisory skills.
- Up to date knowledge of IFRS and FRS 101.
- An engaging individual able to build strong relationships with senior management and external advisors.
- Strong organisational and collaboration skills to coordinate activities across various teams.
- Proactive in identifying and dealing with audit and accounting issues.
- Be delivery focused and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex accounting requirements effectively.
- Good at Excel and Power point.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.