Role: Electrical Engineering Specialist
Location: Field based (Remote)
Scope of role:
The main purpose of the role is to support the technical authority lead for all matters relating to Electrical Design and Engineering. Key tasks of the role include documenting and issuing design guidelines, reviewing and auditing designs and build activity and communicating design guidelines to all suppliers. The role will also require engagement with our customers and agreeing standards and solutions to drive efficiency and quality, whilst reducing overall costs.
- To be support lead design authority for the field of electrical engineering
- Ensures design standards and solutions are accordance with the appropriate BS EN standard or legislation and that suppliers are aware and uphold these standards.
- Assist in the development of guidance for new or updated standards and Regulations.
- Undertake site visits, investigate issues, audit Electrical test & Inspection work undertaken by suppliers, advise on resolutions.
- Desktop reviews of Site Test Certification and report.
- Attend suppliers to develop relationships, product development, training.
- To support technical lead for all incoming design queries related to electrical engineering, resolve with appropriate design guidance or to delegate to specialist within the design team. This includes queries in relation to deployment, sites out of service and maintenance issues.
- To review, approve/reject Electrical Design concessions
- To provide responses to Electrical Design helpdesk queries
- To Review, critic and provide feedback to suppliers on all matters related to electrical design and installations
- Document and issue design guidelines as required
- Prepare material and present at Engineering workshops and other similar events to promote design standards and guidelines
- Engage with and support all stakeholders across the business and customer base in matters related to Electrical engineering
- 5 yrs. in Electrical Design and Installation of fixed installations, BS7671 compliant, Telecom or otherwise.
- 5 yrs. experience of Test, Verification & Inspection to BS7671 on new and existing fixed installations
- Mix of desktop and site experience for the above.
- GCSE English, Math's, Science.
- Electrical Engineering qualification and time served Electrical Apprenticeship.
- Attained a level of Qualified Supervisor
- 18th Edition certified (BS7671)
- City & Guilds, 2382 plus either 2396 / 2394 / 2391.
- General knowledge of mobile telecoms infrastructure or varied industry experience.
- A firm understanding of electrical infrastructure, AC, DC, Earthing, LPS, SPD's, Mains power supplies, DNO supplies.
- Good understanding of CDM legislation
- MS Office skills
If this looks interesting, click on APPLY!
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.