Role: DevOps Engineer/ Principal Engineer
Location: Salford (Hybrid)
Competitive package with a flexible 35-hour working week
We have an exciting opportunity for you to be a part of a renowned media broadcasting company. As a Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the design and development of high quality, secure, scalable web products. You'll be contributing hands on across while leading technical projects delivered by both internal and 3rd party teams. We are looking for someone who can lead development, build sound architecture and foster best practices while mentoring other engineers to grow.
This dynamic role is, part of an agile delivery team closely working with stakeholders across the organisation.
- Drive best software or systems engineering practices within your team(s), define and teach practices such as CI/CD, TDD, cloud architectures, pair/mob programming etc
- Work hands on in a team which could be run stand-ups, support end users, diagnose issues in production, perform code reviews, plan releases, build deployment pipelines, as well as write code.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise
- Pair with and mentor other developers to share knowledge and practices
- Understand the landscape of open-source systems and contribute to the design and architecture of Monitoring systems
- Have a passion for modern web technologies
- Have working knowledge of performance and large-scale Engineering
- Seek out new technologies, tools, and methodologies to keep the client in the forefront of technology as well as efficient processes
Are you the right candidate?
We're really open to who you are and what you've done.
We are keen to speak with people who have experience engineering, developing and supporting systems with modern tools both on-prem and in the cloud, can think out of the box and love problem solving.
It's 1 or more of the following not all:
- Full stack or backend Software development on Linux distribution Platform: Python and/or GO, testing, pipeline/release cycle/QA/AWS, Open-source tools, continuous development/ improvement/ integration, REST/JSON based APIs, OR
- System Engineering on Linux Linux Distribution Platform: Troubleshooting, metrics, AWS, monitoring tools preferably TICK stack, cloudwatch etc / scripting, automation, ansible, terraform, docker, HA, open-source tools - preferably Tick Stack ( Grafana, Alerta, Influx, AWX, Prometheus etc )OR
- 3rd Line Operations and Performance or Site Reliability Engineering - Linux, monitoring tools preferably TICK stack, cloudwatch etc / metrics, AWS, restoring service, High Availability OR
- DevOps: (Linux / AWS or GCP / Python)
If this looks interesting, click on APPLY!
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.