CYBER SECURITY ARCHITECT/CONSULTANT - READING - FULLTIME-PERMANENT- HYBRID
Cyber Security Consultant/Architect
Permanent - Fulltime - Permanent
Location: Reading - 2 days onsite/week must - Wednesday Must
The role of Cyber Security Consultant sits within the Cyber Security team which is responsible for providing subject matter expertise and guidance to business units across client's Network and Enterprise domains to enable the business to deliver its outcomes in a secure manner, building customer trust in a reliable network which matches the best, whilst ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements, company policy and standards.
- Should have experience of using common information security management frameworks, such as NIST, PCI, GDPR, ISO Series, OWASP the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), the ISF Standards of Good Practice (SoGP) and ISACA's Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT) frameworks.
- The role will involve supporting project managers in risk and issue management
- Creation, review, and approval of documentation such as requirements, architecture, design, and test artifacts.
- Experience in documenting and implementing processes, procedures, and architecture/design/decision templates is vital.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of experience working in Cyber Security within a technical field.
- Must have a mix of security consulting, architecture/design, and professional services experience.
- Must be able to lead the design and review of secure system architectures using or developing patterns and principles, where necessary challenging to create precedents and set direction.
- Must be able to work at multiple levels within the organisation from technical delivery to senior management.
- Must have a strong knowledge of system architectures and be able to understand and articulate the impact of vulnerabilities on existing and future designs and systems, and how easy or difficult it will be to exploit these vulnerabilities.
- Must be well versed in the application of security policies and standards, governance, compliance, risk management and technical assurance practices
Must have expertise and experience in one or more of the following technical domains:
- Cloud/Hybrid security
- Infrastructure and data centre security
- Network security
- Application security
- Identity and access management
- Vulnerability Management
Experience of influencing and negotiating technical outcomes with third parties, including conflict resolution due to changing priorities. - Stakeholder Management. Recent UK working experience within large corprate environments is essential. If they are working in the UK we should be making sure that the clients they are supporting or projects they are working on are for delivery in the UK.
- Actively represent the security organisation within business project initiatives, providing technical security leadership to ensure that security requirements and outcomes are defined and considered throughout the lifecycle of projects from conception to operation.
- Collaborate closely with a broad range of stakeholders across the business and be able to articulate the security vision, principles and governance/assurance standards for security consultants and solution architects within the client and our partners.
- Provide security requirements and design input across several projects or technologies across Client's Network and Enterprise business domains at any one time.
- Provide effective governance and assurance of security deliverables by our partners and internal teams within the client, where necessary also supporting security consultants and solution architects through review and approvals.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry standards and have an evolving level of technical expertise relevant to the role.
- Create, review, and approve requirements capture, architecture, design, delivery and test documentation and other artefacts used in the design and delivery lifecycle by client and its partners, ensuring that effective governance and technical assurance can be performed. Maintain and improve the use of artefact templates.
- Ensure that there is effective capacity management and planning in place for the security services and solutions assigned to you and ensure that the solution is incorporated into the 18-month technical and budget roadmap for capacity expansion and service improvement.
- Support the Programme and Project Manager in project planning, risk and issue management and the budgeting process.
Please apply via this ad in the first instance or send a CV with covering note or contact me on 07587743762 or Balla@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
CYBER SECURITY ARCHITECT - READING - CONTRACT - HYBRID
Cyber Security Consultant/ Architect
MASTER DATA ANALYST - HYBRID - CONTRACT - READING
IFS ERP - DEVELOPER /LEAD CONTRACT - HYBRID - READING
SR. PORTFOLIO ANALYST (TELECOM) - CONTRACT - HYBRID - READING
Cyber Security Operation Consultant