Contract to run until 31 March 2023 initially
Home working - Able to travel, with regular trips to Teddington, London and Solihull
**Ideally we would have Security Clearance in place but if candidates are scarce we will have to think again.**
CTO Consultant to design the IT/IM infrastructure for UK Telecommunications Laboratory
We are seeking a CTO / Solution Infrastructure Architect who can continue the work that has already started, leading the design and implementation of a state of the art UK Telecommunications Laboratory for a Government customer.
The laboratory will bring together mobile network operators, suppliers and academics to research and test innovative ways of boosting the security and resilience of 5G and future 6G mobile networks.
Our Client is a brand new capability established as a critical part of HMG's response to concerns raised about the UK's telecoms resilience in three reports conducted by DCMS and supported by NCSC and Ofcom.
The lab has two main strategic objectives: to support diversification of the UK's telecommunications market, and support public telecommunications operators to meet the requirements of the new Telecommunications Security framework. To do this, the lab will conduct security testing on a foundation network to enable a better understanding of the risks and vulnerabilities in equipment that is or may be deployed in telecoms networks. They will also carry out proactive vulnerability research to identify new and previously unknown routes through which attackers could exploit telecoms equipment.
The successful candidate will be:
- Expert in all aspects of IT and Information management with a good mix of network, cyber security, traditional on-prem infrastructure and Azure/cloud experience
- Able to work independently, interacting directly with the customer and senior stakeholders
- Able to shape requirements and IT design strategy
- Work with a third party and advise them what is needed in the long term what people resources are required to operate the facility
- Lead and manage a Solution Architect, Security Architect and Cloud Engineer. And work closely with a Project Manager and a Telecoms SME plus also a wider customer team
- Able to travel, with regular trips to Teddington, London and Solihull
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.