|Job Title:||Configuration Manager/Configuration Lead/Consultant|
|Contact Name:||Cassie Butcher|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Configuration Manager/Configuration Lead is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 6 months rolling contract, to be based remotely from home, UK. (UK Only).
Responsibilities & Skills:
- The Configuration Manager will facilitate the engineering teams to build robust and stable systems by creating and embedding a configuration management plan and a clear set of configuration management processes (including version control) underpinned by a configuration management tool that will automatically manage and monitor updates to configuration data.
- The Configuration Manager will have the ability and authority to ensure daily end-to-end delivery of Configuration Management services in accordance with the Configuration Management Plan across all engineering platforms - Development, Test, Performance, Staging and Production (inclusive of hardware, operating system, security and applications).
- Create/update a configuration management plan in timelines aligned to major programmes
- Establish a clear set configuration management policies/processes, track compliance and resolve / escalate any compliance issues
- Encode the agreed processes within the configuration management tool
- Establish the stable configuration baseline and version control processes so that the baseline can be re-established automatically in the event of a configuration error
- Adopt CI/CD techniques to automate deployment of code changes
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the process, including establishing priorities and work assignments
- Facilitate Configuration Management audits
- Review critical incident outage resolution results and responses and dispositions of failed changes due to Configuration Management System (CMS) related issues
- Educate and mentor Engineering teams to encourage configuration management efforts
- Review and approve all changes to the CMS infrastructure/software where applicable. Review and approve all requests for administrator log on credentials / access rights to the CMS infrastructure.
- Review and publishes configuration management information as required.
- Provide and approve all requirements, use cases, user stories, etc. in support of new or improving functionality of the CMS.
- This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Lead Java Application Developer
Location: City of London
Train-to-Fit LAN Engineer
Senior Solutions Architect - Java
Service Delivery Manager - Problem Manager