|Job Title:||CONFIGURATION MANAGER - CONTRACT - REMOTE|
|Contact Name:||Balla J|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
CONFIGURATION MANAGER - CONTRACT - REMOTE
Leading Managed Services Provider in the Defence Sector require an Configuration Manager
Who will facilitate the client engineering teams to build robust and stable systems by creating and embedding a configuration management plan and a clear set of configuration management processes (including version control) underpinned by a configuration management tool that will automatically manage and monitor updates to configuration data.
The Configuration Manager will have the ability and authority to ensure daily end-to-end delivery of Configuration Management services in accordance with the Configuration Management Plan across all engineering platforms - Development, Test, Performance, Staging and Production (inclusive of hardware, operating system, security and applications).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create/update a configuration management plan in timelines aligned to major programmes
- Establish a clear set configuration management policies/processes, track compliance and resolve / escalate any compliance issues
- Encode the agreed processes within the configuration management tool
- Establish the stable configuration baseline and version control processes so that the baseline can be re-established automatically in the event of a configuration error
- Adopt CI/CD techniques to automate deployment of code changes
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the process, including establishing priorities and work assignments
- Facilitate Configuration Management audits
- Review critical incident outage resolution results and responses and dispositions of failed changes due to Configuration Management System (CMS) related issues
- Educate and mentor Engineering teams to encourage configuration management efforts
- Review and approve all changes to the CMS infrastructure/software where applicable
- Provide and approve all requirements, use cases, user stories, etc. in support of new or improving functionality of the CMS
- Review and approve all requests for administrator log on credentials / access rights to the CMS infrastructure
- Review and publishes configuration management information as required.
Please apply via this ad in the first instance or send a CV with covering note or contact me on 07587743762 or Balla@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
.NET SOLUTION ARCHITECT (MIDDLEWARE) - CONTRACT - REMOTE
.NET SOLUTION ARCHITECT (MIDDLEWARE) - CONTRACT - REMOTE-DUBLIN
AIX ENGINEER - SECURITY CLEARED- CONTRACT- REMOTE