|Job Title:||Compliance Lead / Financial Compliance SME|
|Contact Name:||Annabelle Morris|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Role: Compliance Lead
Type: Maternity Cover
Location: Reading Hybrid (2 days/week on-site)
We are currently partnering with a market leading telecommunications organisation, who are looking for a Compliance Lead based in Reading, to support them for 12 months to cover maternity leave.
The purpose of this role is to provide a proactive, professional and commercially aware compliance advice and services to the business. You will be working with the business to identify compliance risks faced, and provide input into the design and implementation of required controls to protect our business from any potential risks. Resolving compliance difficulties will be part of your everyday responsibility. Support the business to understand the compliance requirements so we have the right rules and controls in place and we have a culture of compliance.
- Understanding and keeping abreast of the rules and regulations applicable to corporate compliance within the business such as Anti-bribery and Corruption
- Identification of key compliance related risk and issues and provide accurate, consistent and timely guidance to the business on an ongoing basis
- Carry out second line monitoring reviews and draft findings for circulation to senior stakeholders.
- Highlight shortcomings and suggest improvements in current compliance processes, systems and procedures within assigned unit and/or discipline, and monitor follow-ups on compliance issues to ensure a timely resolution
- Drive awareness and improvements to help educate and foster a culture of control and compliance across the business through training and communication
- Business partner and act as a single point of contact for compliance related enquiries. Work closely with the wider Risk & Compliance team to provide holistic support to the business
- Competent designing and building data analytics and reporting suits in Excel.
- Oversee and contribute to Compliance Framework ensuring the objectives, focus and scope of compliance monitoring remain valid
- Draft and maintain compliance policies where required
- Degree qualified and/or recognised compliance qualification
- 3-5 Years' experience working in a regulated industry with a strong understanding of Enterprise Compliance requirements
- Experience in implementing regulatory change, either as a consultant or in-house change resource
- Proven analytical skills with a naturally curious and inquisitive approach to work, proactively questioning the status quo where appropriate with the ability formulate proposals to make changes
- The ability to translate legal requirements into management controls
- Proficient user of MS Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Planner and Teams)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be resilient and not shy away from having difficult conversations
- Experience building cross-functional partnerships and influencing stakeholders across the business to act without having a direct reporting
If you are still reading this advert and are interested in hearing more about this exciting role, please apply for the role or send me an email with your CV attached to Annabelle.firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
3rd Line Infrastructure Specialist
Commercial Lawyer - Telecom
HR Administrator - Apprenticeship
IT Procurement Manager - Commercial
Solar Business Development Manager - Dutch speaking