|Job Title:||Commercial Lawyer - Telecom|
|Contact Name:||Rohit Chavda|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Senior Commercial Lawyer
Reading - Hybrid working/2-3 Days per week Onsite
We are seeking a UK qualified lawyer from an in-house or private practice background, with significant experience providing advice on complex commercial transactions. Working as part of our in-house legal team, the successful applicant will be responsible for reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts and other legal documents, including supplier/vendor agreements, customer contracts, licensing agreements, services contracts, non-disclosure agreements and tender documents.
Providing an essential service to our business by underpinning our mission to bring connectivity to every part of the UK, you will be joining a time of digital innovation in support of areas including Smart Cities, IoT, digital broadcasting and the UK's transport and emergency services. If you are a qualified solicitor or barrister who is excited by the proposition of supporting our journey to reduce digital inequality and drive forward a communications infrastructure for the 21st century, we want to hear from you.
The postholder will be responsible for providing legal services and commercially focused legal advice to various internal teams, including the Senior Management team, Commercial, Procurement, Finance and Human Resources. Significant areas of practice will include the following:
- Working unsupervised leading on high value, high profile, complex customer negotiations, often within tight deadlines, referring upwards as required.
- Instructing, managing and working alongside external counsel on significant transactions and projects
- Drafting supplier contracts, customer contracts and other commercial agreements on bespoke or third party terms and on standard templates as appropriate.
- Supervising the work of more junior members of the Legal & Regulatory Affairs team, overseeing complex matters as required.
- Providing accurate, pragmatic and timely advice to commercial teams on public and private bids for new contracts.
- Providing strategic legal advice to senior internal stakeholders on contractual risks and working with internal teams on managing and mitigating risks.
- Providing legal advice on dispute resolution. Instructing and managing external counsel in the event of formal proceedings.
- Responsible for building effective working relationships across the organization, within the UK and Corporation in Barcelona, including at the most senior levels, and with key external stakeholders.
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation as it applies to the organization and to contracts with third parties, including data protection and compliance issues, ensuring contracts comply with UK GDPR legislation and policies.
- Developing and refining precedent documents. Identifying and implementing relevant process improvements and delivering relevant training to internal colleagues.
- Working closely with the Head of Legal & Regulatory Affairs and with Corporate on corporate governance and other corporate matters and transactions including Mergers & Acquisitions and Joint Ventures.
Suitable applicants will be commercially minded UK qualified lawyers with a minimum of 8 years PQE, who are keen to build on their in-house experience within a fast paced and dynamic environment. You must be able to demonstrate significant expertise in providing advice on complex high value commercial transactions gained either in private practice, or within a previous in-house role, ideally within the telecoms sector.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
SEO Specialist (B2B - Telecoms)
Document Controller - SharePoint Expert - Telecoms
Search Engine Optimization Specialist - SEO
Payroll Specialist - CIPD
Finance Reporting Analyst (Newly Qualified ACA)