|Job Title:||Commercial finance manager|
|REF:||hg3 - CFMV_1652102480|
|Contact Name:||Christine Mclaren|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
A new exciting opportunity has come about for a major UK Telecoms company. Our client are looking for a Communications Finance Manager on a permanent basis. This role is a hybrid opportunity with 2 days a week based in Reading
The role is responsible for providing effective commercial and financial support, along with challenge and direction to the Commercial teams in order to ensure performance is at the optimum level.
The role also manages key elements of the financials for Contract Voice and the you will need to be able to explain the key drivers of trends and proactively identify any risks and/or opportunities versus the financial targets.
Developing relationships with a number of internal teams will be key to the role and you will work and influence these stakeholders to deliver volume, profitability and cost targets whilst minimising other risks.
- Support, challenge and scrutinise the Trading Managers and their teams who are responsible for the acquisition of new customers, the retention of existing customers along with the growing in-life value of our customers throughout their contract.
- Play an active role in the month end/forecasting/budgeting cycles ensuring that the key metrics and financial measures are accurately reported, forecasted and delivered on-time to the required timescales.
- Identify, track and provide recommendations on any risks and opportunities that could impact the delivery of the financial targets.
- Business case pricing initiatives, promotion opportunities and new proposition/handset launches and conclude with the alignment across different areas, a recommendation based on the financial and non-financial outcomes.
- Work with the Credit Team to review new customer quality, impact of bad debt and overall contract profitability across different channels and to identify opportunities and risks to optimise pricing and acceptance rate.
- Support and challenge Supply Chain and Device Teams to optimise device ranging decisions and stock holding and to maximise value from manufacturers funding and support.
Experience and skills required
- Experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of interfacing with commercial teams
- Effective communicator who is happy to voice an opinion
- Ability to work in the detail but create clear and concise conclusions for upward communication
- ACCA, CIMA, or ACA Qualified Accountant
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Finance Reporting Analyst (Newly Qualified ACA)
Junior Project Manager
Junior Project Manager
Transactional Legal Counsel
Salary: 15% Bonus
Financial Reporting Analyst - Newly qualified ACA