|Job Title:||Cloud Engineer AWS|
|Contact Name:||Jeannette Morera|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Are you the right candidate?
We're really open to who you are and what you've done.
We are keen to speak with people who have experience engineering, developing and supporting systems with modern tools both on-prem and in the cloud, can think out of the box and love problem solving.
******Experience in (Linux / AWS or GCP / Python)
- Working experience of either AWS Cloud Administration or Software Engineering in a large scale organisation.
- Demonstrable technical and analytical experience working across business functions (Development / Product Owners / User Experience).
- Experience writing and documenting maintainable software within collaborative environments.
- Competence in Test Driven Development.
- Ability to rapidly acquire new software skills and to work with new technologies.
- An appreciation of Company's output and a passion for technology in the new media environment.
- Experience releasing software to production including load testing and threat modelling.
As a Principal Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the design and development of high quality, secure, scalable web products. You'll be contributing hands on across while leading technical projects delivered by both internal and 3rd party teams. We are looking for someone who can lead development, build sound architecture and foster best practices while mentoring other engineers to grow.
This dynamic role is, part of an agile delivery team closely working with stakeholders across the Company, to:
- Drive best software or systems engineering practices within your team(s), define and teach practices such as CI/CD, TDD, cloud architectures, pair/mob programming etc
- Work hands on in a team which could be run stand-ups, support end users, diagnose issues in production, perform code reviews, plan releases, build deployment pipelines, as well as write code.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise
- Pair with and mentor other developers to share knowledge and practices
- Understand the landscape of open-source systems and contribute to the design and architecture of Monitoring systems
- Have a passion for modern web technologies
- Have working knowledge of performance and large-scale Engineering
- Seek out new technologies, tools, and methodologies to keep Company in the forefront of technology as well as efficient processes
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.