Build Engineer - Linux Server Design & Satellite
**A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered**
Leading Managed Services Provider in the Defence Sector require a skilled Build Engineer - Linux Server Design & Satellite on an ongoing contract basis.
- Review existing build documentation to be reused to perform this build assignment. Update where required based on the previous SD-WAN customer network deployment lessons learnt. Using the proposed changes that have already been marked up within those documents (as that build was completed). This is very first stage of assignment to ensure vital preparation for the build.
- Using design and build documents configure the physical Red Hat Linux Enterprise (RHEL) Servers and use existing templates to deploy the virtual Linux Servers and appliances (the majority, hosted on VMware clusters) required for the overall solution.
- Attend build review meetings to provide progress update on Linux Server builds and RHEL Satellite process build.
- Work closely with Project Manager, Linux Architect, Build Lead, Build Engineer peers and Datacentre staff, to deliver the deployment of the Linux Servers . In particular working very closely with the Build Engineers for VMware cluster.Assist in testing activities.Raise change requests where required and apply reconfigurations of any existing Windows Server deployments.
- Red Hate Enterprise Linux Server (RHEL) technology stack - installing and configuring.
- RHEL Satellite Update Processes - install and configure.
- Team working - ability to work within multi-disciplined teams.
- Flexibility / adaptability - ability to meet the changes in requirements and time scales.
- Interpersonal capability - ability to communicate effectively to both technical and business focused staff.
- Developing good relationships - ability to develop relationships with all parties.
- Decision making - ability to make sound decisions in a timely and effective manner.
- Planning and organisation - ability to demonstrate sound planning and organisation skills.
- A willingness to take ownership of issues and find a way to get them resolved.
- Autonomy - work without close supervision reporting back immediately issues and risks. Proposing appropriate solutions.
If you are interested please apply via this ad in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Uma.Nidhi@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
2nd Line WAN Support Engineer
1st Line PKI Engineer
First Line PKI Engineer
SECURITY ARCHITECT - BASINGSTOKE - ONSITE - CONTRACT