|Job Title:||Broadcasting Engineer / Operational Engineer-London|
|Location:||City of London|
|Contact Name:||Balla J|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Broadcasting Engineer / Operational Engineer-London
The role works as part of a shift-working team providing 24 hour operational support, incident management and stakeholder communication for a range of Client's platforms and services.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Use a diverse range of broadcast and production monitoring tools to identify and resolve complex service impacting issues across a range of technologies and platforms.
- Initiate response to service disruption and support proactive measures aimed at preventing recurrence.
- Accurate logging of incidents accurately including technical response and action taken.
- Implementing contingency procedures in response to planned or unexpected events.
- Handover of incident and information across shift changes.
- Keep informed of operational changes ensuring that actions are taken in line with best practice.
- Good communication skills; Able to explain information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ensure the Health and Safety at Work Act, Working Time Directive and other workplace legislation is observed; responsible for ensuring risk assessments are completed, appropriate and meet Client standards; responsible for ensuring appropriate method statements are reviewed and fit for purpose.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience Essential
- Broad technical knowledge, including understanding of complex systems built from separate components.
- Experience of operating within, or demonstrable knowledge of, multi-platform environments.
- Experience or knowledge of monitoring and interacting with a range of applications and services.
- Experience in supporting a wide range of broadcast and production technologies, systems and equipment.
- Experience of logging and managing incidents in an operational environment.
- Familiarity with using a range of diagnostic and monitoring tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external providers and internal partners.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing defects in complex systems.
- Able to create supporting documentation.
- Problem solving methodologies.
- Knowledge of ITIL support model.
- Experience in media and creative environments.
- Knowledge of best practice in IT security policies, standards and procedures.
Interested candidates can apply with your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Or call 07587743762
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Quality and Operating Engineer - Mandarin speaking
Location: City of London
Wintel Support Engineer