|Job Title:||Broadcast Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Rohit Chavda|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Broadcast Operations Engineers within the Coding and Multiplexing team work closely with the Engineering Supervisor and the System Specialists, to deliver Coding and Multiplexing services to the CLIENT and other external partners. Broadcast Operations Engineers work on a 24x7 basis
Broadcast Operations Engineers need to work with leading edge MPEG and DVB technology providers, so must have a good understanding of MPEG and DVB as well as a high level of I.T. skills and the ability to research and implement technical updates. They will also be required to work closely with commercial technology suppliers and service providers and manage the supply and work performed by contractors.
- Form part of a team responsible to the Engineering Supervisor, but will if necessary, work independently.
- Work closely with engineering staff from other departments and service providers to ensure that operation and resilience of transmission systems is maintained at all times.
- Maintain, align, modify and update electronic equipment and systems within the area as required.
- Write and modify software to meet engineering requirements, taking into account the individuals training and experience.
- Devise ways of achieving the required level of resilient transmission systems by means of technical innovation and development.
- Identify and implement alternative ways of meeting programme transmission continuity and other requirements to cover equipment failures with minimum loss of service.
- Advise operational and production staff on the technical capabilities of Broadcast Engineering systems and equipment to assist them to achieve particular results.
- Carry out acceptance testing on new and refurbished equipment as directed and ensure that the performance of such equipment meets stated specifications. Liaise with CLIENT specialist departments, contractors' staff and manufacturers as necessary to achieve this.
- Work with CLIENT specialist departments, contractors and manufacturers to identify and resolve complex fault conditions or design problems, devising and implementing solutions as appropriate.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing streams to ensure that the streams are compliant to the necessary standard.
- Assist in the planning and execution of minor refurbishment projects.
- Contribute to the training and development of staff.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and delivery of training for technical staff.
- Undertake work as necessary to ensure that the requirements of statutory and CLIENT safety regulations are met.
- Write reports on technical or operational matters.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Be a qualified broadcast engineer with relevant knowledge and experience of vision, sound, communications and computer systems as they relate to the Broadcast Engineering environment.
- Need a DVB background (digital video broadcasting), Ideally some IP.
- Have a high level of IT networking skills, a good understanding of DVB, MPEG coding of vision and audio.
- Be able to make critical assessment of digital television pictures, waveforms and sound.
- Have good interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with non-technical customers.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.