We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Assistant to support a renowned multinational conglomerate committed to innovation and technology. The five core businesses - ports and related services, retail, infrastructure, energy and telecommunications employ over 300,000 people in 50 countries across the world.
- Participate as a highly trusted and involved member of the team, acting as:
- The main point of contact between Suppliers and Senior Management for accounts payable matters;
- Facilitate timely and accurate financial and other reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring all routine processing is completed in an accurate manner to satisfy strict monthly deadlines;
- Liaise with the relevant individuals to obtain the data required for business analysis, decision making and reporting;
- Maintain a professional and dedicated approach to duties at all times and adhere to corporate standards for behaviour and loyalty to the objectives and goals of the company;
- Instigate a streamlined approach to processing ensuring best practice throughout the financial processing function;
- Any reasonable ad-hoc or routine requests (including occasional project work)
- Tracking approval of invoices, purchase orders and expense claims ensuring nominal codes are correct;
- Processing of purchase orders and invoices to make sure costs are recorded in the correct period
- Planning and carrying out regular payment runs
- Maintaining an accurate record of petty cash in all departments and preparing monthly petty cash reconciliations and journals
- Checking, processing and paying employee expense claims.
- Ensuring all accounts payable activities are carried out in line with relevant company policy
- Maintaining a close relationship with suppliers and other departments to ensure all invoices are processed and paid on time, queries resolved quickly and any delays notified
- Monthly bank reconciliation and journal preparation
- Monthly VAT returns
- Ad hoc analysis requirements from senior finance team members.
- Graduate or relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent administrative skills
- Good time management and self-organisational skills with an ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- High standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Some experience of accounts payable
- Interested in or commenced studying for a relevant professional accounting qualification
- Working knowledge of more than one relevant financial system
- Experience of liaising confidently and effectively at all levels within an organisation
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.