Wintel Engineer *DV Cleared*
This role is offered either on a CONTRACT or PERMANENT basis.
My client, a global IT company, is looking for a Wintel Engineer to work on one of their projectsw. The individual will provide Level 3 (specialist knowledge) System Administrator (WINTEL) support at sites and remotely to deployed sites. The role holder is self-sufficient and has recognized specialist skills in supporting multiple products for multiple customers in order to maintain the availability and security of the service. The role holder also delivers medium complexity work packages as part of customer implementation projects and has the ability to understand complex situations and activities, also being able to communicate basic technical information to non-technical people.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Installation, configuration, deployment and maintenance of Microsoft and other third party products and services on site and to deployed sites when required.
- Provide support, advice and recommendations to design changes;
- Support to the Authority towards its Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) initiatives; through undertaking mentorship and technical knowledge transfer to all Military Service Providers (Military or Civil Service), contributing and making suggestions at CSI workshops and producing technical and knowledge transfer documentation.
- Carrying out root cause analysis where required.
- Server 2008/2012
- Active Directory - GPO/DNS/DHCP,
- Hyper-V and WSUS
- experience of working both in a team and on their own
Desirable Skills: HP SAN technologies, Anti-Virus - ePO, Virtual Machine Manager 2012, Data Protection Manager 20
Due to the nature of the role, the person must hold a valid DV Clearance prior to start.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.