|Job Title:||Wintel Engineer (AD and VMWare)|
|Location:||Munster, Republic of Ireland|
|Contact Name:||Tim Shepherd|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Wintel / Citrix / Active Directory / VMWare / Windows / Technical Support / Unix
Provides technical support activities as part of service delivery provision and/or projects deployment, including installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance. Responds to customer questions regarding operation and malfunctions. Advises customers on preventative maintenance and configuration adjustments to improve product performance and customer satisfaction May be mobile or based on site at a customer building or campus. Works without supervision and has depth of specialization or able to work on a wide range of systems. Supports less experienced Onsite Technicians in maintaining the availability of the IT service experienced by end users.
* Technical Capability. Works within a team as a noted expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge without supervision helping to define and implement technical best practice. Ensures effective planning and implementation of creative and innovative service changes.
* Process. Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
* Service Level. Manages systems within Service Level Agreements, proposing, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
* Project Work. Leads technical implementation of small to medium infrastructures and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects works within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements.
* Customer Relations. Establishes working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical and / or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
* Team Working. Takes a technical lead as appropriate, promoting knowledge sharing and development of other team members both inside and outside of the group. May coach and support other technical onsite technicians.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK&I alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Wintel Engineer - Infrastructure / Gateway Design
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
SAP Functional Consultant (Product and Supply Chain MM)
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: Daily Rate
Network Support Engineer - Migration Network Engineer
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
2nd Line Desktop/Deskside/Service Desk/Support Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
2nd Line/Desktop/Deskside/Service Desk/Support Engineer -Retail
Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire