We have a unique opportunity for a Core Network Architect to work on SIM applications for a major telecoms company based in Berkshire.
Must have experience on Voice & Text over Wifi applications like WhatsApp, as well as a deep understanding of SIM integration & standards - UICC/ETSI, Roaming steering, OTA interface etc.
- A passion for design, innovation and continuous improvement
- Demonstrable ability in critical thinking and problem analysis skills combined with a creative approach to system design.
- Great stakeholder management and influencing skills to drive our technology business goals and challenge us to do better.
- Be a great communicator, able to express complex technical concepts in a way that can be easily understood by the intended audience.
- Experience in technical vendor management
- Awareness of financial management techniques: investment appraisal, TCO calculation, cost to serve modelling, and CAPEX/OPEX forecasting & control.
- Expert level knowledge across a range of domains: Voicemail, MMS, RCS, OTA SIM management, Roaming Steering, Device Management, SMSC, IP-SM GW, and IMS messaging solutions (Voice & Text over WiFi).
- Experience of successful end-to-end messaging service design, delivery, integration and in-life system design ownership within a hybrid circuit-switched and IMS context.
- A track record of successful messaging project delivery
- A good understanding of operational support issues associated with messaging services.
- Expert level understanding of the relevant areas of the following standards: MAP, SIP, SMPP, UCP, MM1-MM7, IMAP, SMTP, Diameter, LDAP, SOAP, CORBA, OMA-DM, OMA-CP, UICC
Nice to have:
- Experience of design & deployment of virtualised telco applications in a cloud environment
- Wider knowledge of mobile/IMS core systems, and service layer VAS
- Experience in *nix scripting and common web-layer programming languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Java
- An appreciation of design, development, and configuration of mobile applications, particularly in the integration of messaging apps with core network functions (e.g. Whatsapp).
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.