- Managing all aspects of client liaison and design, including the preparation of quotations for a wide range of contract values. This may involve site inspections and meetings where required to deliver the most balanced commercially advantageous and reliable solution
- To provide designs & quotations, which achieve a level of orders to meet forecast sales or better
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- To receive enquiries either by telephone, e-mail, post or from sales representatives.
- Following enquiry obtain any clarifications as required to enable proposal to be prepared.
- To interpret Clients requirements or those of any specifications provided or generally applicable to a particular type of pump station & prepare a proposal including a quotation to provide the most balanced commercially advantageous / reliable solution.
- Manage own workload to ensure requested deadlines for proposals are met.
- To ensure Data Management Systems are maintained.
- To ensure Sales Director / Area Sales Manager are informed of any proposals prepared & any ongoing communications with potential Clients.
- To liaise with Clients & Suppliers.
- To use software packages to select pumps as available.
- To use Xylem in house design & quotation spreadsheets & formats ensuring latest revisions are used at all times.
- To provide feedback on competitor's products & quotations when information becomes available.
- The post-holder must comply with the Company's Health and Safety requirements as outlined in the H&S policy.
- To undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Proven experience of dealing with external customers via telephone and face to face
- CAD knowledge and experience advantageous
- Mechanical / Electrical Background or knowledge
- Water / Waste water knowledge advantageous
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.