|Job Title:||Warehouse Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Jianghui Zhang|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Job Title: Warehouse Administrator
Reporting to: Warehouse Supervisor
Contract: Full-Time, Temp Contract
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the role holder will be working in the warehouse based in Northampton. The main responsibility is to coordinate the warehouse operations and oversee the operation performance for certain projects/customers, reporting the update the customers regularly, as well as supporting the management team to write and update the compliance documentations. It is important to have the knowledge on safety operations. Occasionally have to work in early evening.
The ideal role holder must be proficient English and Chinese (due to the customer's requirement). It is desirable if they have experience working in a warehouse and importing /exporting and customs clearance of goods.
- Liaising with customers regularly, including reporting;
- Supporting the management team with all administration and compliance documentation;
- Coordinating the warehouse transfer scanning and updating the reports regularly;
- Deal with all site visitors ensuring sign in procedures are followed;
- Supporting the management team to write and update documents such as the standing operation procedures (SOP), compliance documents for health and safety regulations in our new warehouse site;
- To ensure that material-handling equipment (MHE) is being used in accordance with training and the Health and Safety legislation.
- Supporting the administration on billing and reporting to the head office.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other teams to assist in resolving and providing information to help close off customer issues to ultimately drive the improvement of the customer experience.
- Undertake Audits for H&S observations and daily checklists (For example, Walkways are clear, fire exits are clear, fire extinguishers are not blocked and inspections are in date and lights are working.)
- Record any reported accidents and near misses.
- Identify opportunities for systemic and procedure continuous improvement.
- Ensuring that the warehouse is kept in a clean and tidy manner and that all waste is disposed or recycled correctly.
- Supporting the warehouse management team on other ad-hoc tasks and projects as required.
- Ensuring all data and records are kept up to date and following the GDPR guideline in a confidential and professional manner.
- Educated to A level or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal in English and Chinese.
- Have a good computer literacy using Microsoft package, including intermediate level in Excel.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and meet demanding deadlines.
- Could act on his or her own initiative and is reliable and customer focused.
- Have the ability to work closely with stakeholders from different professional backgrounds, different cultures and ensure all actions are act upon.
- Experience in working as an administrator.
- Have a good understanding of the health and safety legislation in the UK.
- Experience in coordinating administrative tasks in a warehouse environment.
How to apply
Please send your CV to Jianghui.email@example.com
You should have the right to live and work in the UK.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.