Project People are currently working with the largest international cable company in the world with a Global Security team that is responsible for the Enterprise and Customer security across 14 countries in Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Threat & Vulnerability Management team sits within Global Security and is responsible for the identification and management of all threats and vulnerabilities within all companies.
The purpose of the role is twofold:
- Maintain the vulnerability management solution ensuring that all assets in scope are scanned for vulnerabilities, on a scheduled basis and that the findings are brought to the attention of the asset owners
- Work with your partners within the IT department to priorities and remediate vulnerabilities
The ideal candidate should have a strong technical background within system administration and networking and also a proven track record in Vulnerability Management
- Make sure that vulnerability reports are regularly shared with the asset owners.
- Manage the vulnerability database making sure it is up to date and prioritising vulnerabilities in a risk based manner
- Take personal responsibility for the priority of remedial actions and manage to conclusion.
- Deliver tangible results in decreasing the number of vulnerabilities in the Liberty Global Infrastructure
- Actively discover assets to be assessed through the use of technology and people engagement.
- Broader overall security related responsibilities as part of a cutting-edge security team
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working within a large enterprise vulnerability management program
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in systems administration or security operations
- Experience of working in CERT, consulting or military environments preferred
- Practical experience with Splunk on a large enterprise level
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in computer science, mathematics or other computer-related field of study
- Security+ qualification as a minimum
Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth understand of web application vulnerabilities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Vulnerability assessment and port scanning expertise with various tools.
- Using scripting languages such as Python to write code to aid in investigations
- Experience in presenting findings and making recommendations at a senior management level.
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders in the context of improving security.
- Fluent in English (speaking/writing)
If you have the skills required for this position, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.