Project People is currently recruiting for a Utilities Project Manager to work in the Greater Los Angeles market. As Utilities Project Manager you will have familiarity with power utility design to cell sites and power applications to the local utility (LADWP, SCE, etc.).
As Utilities Project Manager you will be expected to complete, but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Overseeing the organization, staffing, deliverables and operational activities for A&E in a particular region
- Ensuring that cost, schedules and quality objectives of the market are achieved
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, attending site design meetings and visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary
- Manage vendors to ensure compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections
- Coordinate with local Utility Company's to prepare construction documentation, structural analysis, charts, forms and records as needed
- Analyze and red line construction drawings/documents
- Maintain and update site tracker and database, ordering, and driving dates from A&E teams
- Collaborate with Logistics team to ensure A&E specifications are met in ordering equipment, as necessary
- Ensure all A&E documents comply with procedures and instructions according to design specifications and quantity of required materials
- Review technical implications of design concept, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors; building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs
- Ensure only customer approved materials are installed on the cell site
- Ensure Civil Works guidelines and schedules are followed and enforced.
- Attend and host coordination and progress meetings
- On-site supervision of tasks carried out by Service Providers and Field Service Teams that can create risk of disturbances when customer site performance is high.
- Take full responsibility of the working environment and ensure it is maintained at an acceptable level. Carry out safety inspections and ensure that all tools and equipment used are in good working condition.
- Civil Works problem solving as required during the project.
Experience in the Wireless industry in essential for this role.
Proficient in MS Office suites
Should be well versed in cell site construction practices, zoning, permitting, landlord negotiations, leasing laws, jurisdictional requirements and environmental compliance.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.