UNIX Engineer & Script Writer
UNIX Engineer - Technical Service Specialist required to work with the UNIX Infrastructure Support team which will require strong knowledge of UNIX operating systems, ability to produce complex UNIX scripts and knowledge of Cloud computing principles to support the teams aims to manage, monitor and maintain services.
Job purpose & accountabilities:
- The role is required to provide operating system support and maintenance for UNIX based systems including but not limited to AIX, Solaris, SUSE and Red Hat Linux.
- The team are responsible for the Live Service Delivery of all aspects of the core infrastructure.
- The individual will be expected to produce scripts to automate a number of key procedures currently performed manually by the team.
- AIX & Solaris UNIX.
- AIX & Solaris Infrastructure.
- RHEL or SUSE Linux.
- UNIX Shell scripting.
- Oracle LINUX.
- Understanding of SAN principles.
- Understanding of Cloud computing principles.
- Knowledge of automation or orchestration tools such as Puppet.
- Knowledge of Blade Logic toolset.
- Knowledge of Netbackup.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.