Transport Design Technical Lead
About The Company
My client, based in London, are one of the leading network, telecommunications and mobile technology companies in the world. They looking for a highly experienced Transport Design Technical Lead to join their Transport Access Network Team to be responsible for the Design, Testing & Acceptance of the access transport network programme.
About The Role
Main Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for supporting the Design function for the Access transport network.
- Responsible for ensuring the System Introduction (SI) processes are followed, including high-level designs, detailed designs and guidelines.
- Responsible for establishing the access transport test bed and associated system introduction processes to provide end-to-end testing capabilities
- Responsible for developing the design strategy and taking into account the various product and toolset roadmaps
- Responsible for ensuring the all roadmaps are current and made available to all dependent suppliers
- Responsible for assessing technical risk to the access transport network
- Represent Transport Design on the Technical Committee
- Demonstrated knowledge of the UK Telecommunication industry.
- Experience and knowledge of network deployment and delivery projects.
- Professional structured approach to project delivery.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience of managing sub-contract resource finance.
- Must be results focused, resilient, resourceful, supportive, open and objective.
- Must possess an ability to deliver, work and manage a multi-functional team in a challenging, pressurized and fast moving environment.
- CCNP, CCIE, HCNP, HCIE certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience as Design Manager in access transport.
- Ability to design a large network with complex network technology
- Good experience with network design documentation (HLD/LLD/DD)
- Design and commissioning experience with routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS and BGP), SR (Segment routing).
- Previous experience in configuring and troubleshooting routers
- Detailed understanding of LTE migration and re-parenting processes and demonstrated ability to develop workflows across a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a high-volume migration programme
- Good understanding of the RAN technologies.
- Good understanding of the BT MEAS Direct Ethernet and IPVPN product portfolio.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Technical Design Authority - Infrastructure Virtualisation
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive daily rate
COMMERCIAL SYSTEMS TEAM LEAD
Location: Berkshire, England
*SC Cleared Lead Service Architect.
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
SC Cleared* Lead Strategy Service Architect (ITIL)
Location: London, England
Lead systems & Operations Manager - Contract - Berkshire
Location: Berkshire, England