Transport Design Manager
Our client is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through their dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, they have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
Responsible for establishing, managing and developing the Design function for the Access transport network.
Responsible for establishing, managing and maintaining the System Introduction (SI) processes necessary to support the access transport network, including high-level designs, detailed designs, planning, deployment and acceptance standards and guidelines and implementing rigorous change control processes.
Responsible for establishing the access transport test bed and associated system introduction processes to provide end-to-end testing capabilities
Responsible for developing the design strategy and taking into account the various product and toolset roadmaps
Responsible for ensuring the all roadmaps are current and made available to all dependent suppliers
Responsible for assessing technical risk to the access transport network
Represent Transport Design on the Technical Committee
- Demonstrated knowledge of the UK Telecommunication industry.
- Experience and knowledge of network deployment and delivery projects.
- Professional structured approach to project delivery.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience of managing sub-contract resource finance.
- Must be results focused, resilient, resourceful, supportive, open and objective.
- Must possess an ability to deliver, work and manage a multi-functional team in a challenging, pressurized and fast moving environment.
- Demonstrated experience as Design Manager in access transport.
- Good knowledge of MBNL Transport Network, its processes and toolsets.
- Detailed understanding of LTE migration and re-parenting processes and demonstrated ability to develop workflows across a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a high-volume migration programme
- Good understanding of the RAN technologies.
- Good understanding of the BT MEAS Direct Ethernet and IPVPN product portfolio.
If you are interested in applying, please call Lin, 0118 928 5550 or send your latest CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.