|Job Title:||Transmission Operations Engineer - Dublin|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Duration:||3 months +|
|Contact Name:||Sara Rowe|
|Job Published:||19 days ago|
Transmission Operations Engineer - 3 months rolling - Mobile Telecoms - Based in Dublin
Reporting to the Transmission Operations Manager, this position will form an integral part of the Transmission Operations team across the Mobile Network.
Responsible for driving Operational excellence and stability in the Mobile Network Technical Operations environment for our internal and external customers, whilst still facilitating necessary changes to that environment.
Managing network operational availability, configuration and performance of the network
- Performance monitoring of individual site transmission and highlighting capacity upgrades.
- Assisting operations engineers in carrying out necessary upgrades
- Managing of the transmission service partners
- Setting transmission KPI's and ensuring these are kept up to date
- Monitoring KPI's and ensuring they are met and exceeded where possible
- Closely managing major incidents and issue resolution, contributing to network stability, incident and problem management to identify, restore service, and remove root cause to prevent re-occurrence.
- Partake in an on call rota and available for out of hours work on request
- Ensure relevant strong relationships are built, managed and maintained between external Partners, Technology Department and internal customers.
- Building strong relationships with equipment providers and ensuring issues escalated to them are dealt with according to relevant KPI's
- Analysing new software releases across different platforms and ensuring systems are always operating on best available software levels
- Remain abreast of current and emerging industry trends and best practices; identify opportunities for operational efficiencies and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure compliance to Operational Acceptance for all new Access services. Work closely with engineering and project department(s) integrating new nodes within the mobile network to ensure seamless deployment.
- Minimum 5 years' technical Experience in a Technology Operations role.
- Strong technical knowledge of fibre and wireless transmission
- Experience of working with Ethernet, SDH and PDH transmission protocols
- JNCIA at a minimum, JNCIP is a nice to have
- Exceptional IT and Telecommunication skills.
- Proven team player in working with peers to ensure that Network operations remains, efficient stable and of the highest quality.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills together with the ability to deliver to senior levels.
- Operational Management capabilities in particular; Vendor management, Incident Management, Change Management, ITIL accreditation an advantage.
- Project Management capabilities with ability to plan, initiate, monitor and implement projects within a team.
- Knowledge of Solarwinds, Huawei transmission, Ceragon transmission and relevant management systems
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Transmission Operations Engineer - Dublin
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Structural Design Engineer
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary + 15% Bonus
JUNIOR TELECOMS ENGINEER - Networking & Documentation
Location: London, England
Logistics Manager - Mobile Telecoms
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Deployment Logistics Manager (Contract, Start ASAP)
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: Attractive Day Rate