We are partnering with a leading mobile network provider in Ireland who are on the hunt for an experienced Transmission Engineer to join their business on a 3 month rolling contract. This position would form an integral part of the Transmission Operations team across the mobile network and would report into the Transmission Manager.
There is a requirement for being on call 1/4 weeks and up to a total of 20 hours per month call out.
As a Transmission Engineer you would be responsible for;
- Performance monitoring of individual site transmission and highlighting capacity upgrades.
- Assisting operations engineers in carrying out necessary upgrades
- Managing of the transmission service partners
- Setting transmission KPI's and ensuring these are kept up to date
- Closely managing major incidents and issue resolution, contributing to network stability, incident and problem management to identify, restore service, and remove root cause to prevent re-occurrence.
- Partake in an on call rota and available for out of hours work on request
- Ensure relevant strong relationships are built, managed and maintained between external Partners, Technology Department and internal customers.
- Work closely with engineering and project department(s) integrating new nodes within the mobile network to ensure seamless deployment.
What we are looking for in a Transmission Engineer;
- Strong technical knowledge of fibre and wireless transmission
- Previous technical experience in a Technology operations position
- Experience of working with Ethernet, SDH and PDH transmission protocols
- JNCIA qualification would be highly advantageous
- Exceptional IT and Telecommunication skills.
- Proven team player in working with peers to ensure that Network operations remains, efficient stable and of the highest quality.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills together with the ability to deliver to senior levels.
- Operational Management capabilities in particular; Vendor management, Incident Management, Change Management, ITIL accreditation an advantage.
- Project Management capabilities with ability to plan, initiate, monitor and implement projects within a team.
- Knowledge of Solarwinds, Huawei transmission, Ceragon transmission and relevant management systems would be highly advantageous
Should you possess the required experience for the position, please apply now.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
RAN Operations Service Transition Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire
RNO Engineer / Optimization Engineer
Location: Germany, Germany
Salary: Competitive Day Rate
Performance Test Engineer
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
RAN Test Engineer
Location: Bristol, England
Salary: Competitive Salary
Device Test Engineer
Location: Berkshire, England