TRANSMISSION DEPLOYMENT MANAGER required to work for a telecommunications company based in Buckinghamshire.
The Transmission Deployment Manager is accountable for the successful delivery of the shared & [where instructed] unilateral transmission networks to Shareholder requirements and agreed time, cost and quality targets.
Responsibilities of the Transmission Deployment Manager also include:
- Accountable for establishing, owning and the continuous improvement of the methodologies, processes, capabilities and resources required to deliver the shared & [where instructed] unilateral transmission networks, including related detailed-reporting structures, forums and governance control points in cooperation with the Transmission Programme Managers for Design and Delivery.
- Accountable for the production, agreement and execution of detailed Delivery Plans (including communicating, Supplier forecasting, instructing and reporting)
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day delivery of Suppliers, 3rd parties and retained resources against contracted time, cost and quality obligations. Undertaking benchmarking to track and compare the relative performance of Suppliers, 3rd parties and retained resources. Working closely with the Commercial and Contract Management teams to provide SME support for contractual negotiations and supplier selection.
- Responsible for undertaking direct intervention to investigate underperformance, instigate recovery initiatives and manage the recovery of delivery performance. Escalating to the Head of Transmission and broader senior management team as required.
- Responsible for undertaking the validation and acceptance of delivery undertaken by Suppliers, 3rd Parties and retained resources. Developing and maintaining the capability to proactively audit physical and logical delivery against specifications, guidelines and quality standards.
- Responsible for proactively working with Programme, Design, Capacity Planning, Finance, Property and Commercial teams to ensure that all requirements, dependencies, risks and issues relating to the Delivery Plans are identified, prioritised and managed.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to combine and optimise site and transmission delivery activities to reduce impact to customers, accelerate delivery and provide synergy savings. Proactively co-ordinating and de-conflicting site level acquisition, design or deployment activities to minimise and mitigate interference between delivery programmes.
- The proactive identification and implementation of Delivery optimisation and cost saving initiatives.
- Responsible for the leadership and performance of a team of very experienced Transmission SME Delivery-Managers.
The successful Transmission Deployment Manager will have:
- Significant and demonstrable experience of managing large scale RAN and/or transmission infrastructure rollout to agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- Detailed knowledge of the methodologies, processes and capabilities required to deliver the mobile backhaul and backbone transmission networks using Suppliers, 3rd parties and retained teams.
- Significant experience of establishing, developing and leading a deployment function and team.
- Strong understanding of the UK telecoms deployment eco-system, including the factors that constrain, enable and enhance the capability of individual suppliers and the eco-system as a whole.
- Extensive experience of motivating and managing outsource Suppliers.
- Experience of managing the natural tensions between customers, commercial and technical requirements.
To apply for the Transmission Deployment Manager please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.