Multiple Tower Technicians required for a leading telecom services provider in the US.
We are looking for UK PCN Riggers (not Microwave) with 5+ years' UK experience to work in Dallas / North Texas USA. Working in 3 or 4 man teams, climbing to 100ft.
Must be immediately available, willing to travel across Texas, happy to work on call/weekends/nights/shifts and have UK passport.
- Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines without deviation
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights.
- Impacted equipment will be mounted on various structures such as Guyed Towers, Lattice Towers, Monopole Towers, Water Towers, Stealth Towers and Rooftops
- Observe and report possible compound/equipment defects or hazards
- Ensure that Job Hazard Assessment (JHA) requirements are identified, documented and followed
- Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures (MOPs) and track work via checklists
- Accurately and timely document job costs, including labour hours and material
- Read customer blueprints and execute scope of work per the customer's specifications
- Identify potential add-on sales to increase company revenue
- Expansion and upgrades to established major cellular carrier networks
- Break/Fix work, consisting of repairs and upkeep to existing cellular networks / sites
- Civil work, consisting of upgrading and expanding existing cellular networks / sites
- Pre- and post-work site audits
- Cellular radio and antenna swaps
- Legacy cable plant upgrades from Coaxial Cable to Fiber
- Site upgrades
- Capacity Expansion
- Completion of all required training, regardless of prior work experience
- Must be able to travel outside home market up to 50% of the time
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (i.e., shift work), to include nights and weekends, when needed
- Must be willing to serve in an on-call rotation
- Must be a self-starter with the desire and ability to learn and retain new knowledge
- Must be a team player and have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills in English language for safety reasons
- Ability to exercise flexibility in challenging and/or perplexing situations
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment
- Must have high level of computer proficiency, including a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office suite products
- Must have understanding of basic mechanical terms and tools
- Ability to learn and retain physical and mechanical installation specifications
- Ability to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors
- Must take and pass a pre-assignment fitness for duty examination
- Weight must not exceed 240 lbs. before and during assignment in order to meet weight limits specified by safety equipment manufacturer's standards
- Waist circumference must not exceed 60 inches measured at the navel before and during assignment as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, squat, and lift and carry up to 70 lbs and pull own body weight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time (6-8 hours per day)
- Ability to climb ladders and steep staircases
- Ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load and to work at altitudes of 300+ feet
- Ability to perform repetitive movements 6-8 hours daily
- Ability to push and pull materials and equipment 6-8 hours daily
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, confined spaces, and all types of geographic locations
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain etc.
- Ability to clearly identify specific colour schemes
- Ability to drive long distances on and off road
- Candidates must be at least 21 years old and have a valid driver's license
- Must successfully complete DOT certification prior to assignment
- Must take and pass a pre-assignment drug test and be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
- Must successfully complete and pass a pre-assignment background check including criminal history check, employment history check, and education verification, among other criteria.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.