|Job Title:||Ticketing Agent - Helpdesk/Support/Itinerary/Airlines/Bookings|
|Contact Name:||Richard Gallagher|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Ticketing Agent - Helpdesk/Support/Itinerary/Airlines/Bookings
Recruiting immediately and on a permanent basis, for a fantastic client around 10 miles / 30 minutes to the West of Oxford. Due to the location, suitable candidates will need a car and driving license, to make it to the offices (there is no local public transport)
As a Ticketing Agent you will efficiently and accurately issue airline tickets within set timeframes and complete the accompanying administrative duties. You will also look for opportunities to make savings and minimise penalties through errors.
- Producing and checking clients Final Itinerary documents
- Issuing IT fares using CAT35 ticketing or building using Manual fare building, making sure all names and flights match the booking
- Issuing published fares ensuring the ticketing date is correct whilst also making sure all names and flights match the booking
- Making cost savings by better ticketing or using different contracts.
- Be able to read the airline contracts that we have and understand the terminology associated with the rules and fare notes
- Issuing airline air passes
- Voiding tickets if issued incorrectly
- Ticketing child and infant fares
- Communicating with Galileo helpdesk and other airlines about problems relating to ticketing or contracts
- Be able to communicate any errors found with tickets and or Journey Desk flights back to Country Specialists resolving the problem quickly and efficiently
- Demonstrating an understanding of the class structure and airline alliances
- Using Galileo to capture personal data such as seat data, meal requests, airline membership details and linking PNRs together.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good geographical knowledge
- Interest in the travel industry
- Strong team player who is comfortable working independently
- Excellent role model to the team
- Proven experience using GDS Galileo/Smartpoint an advantage
In order to apply to the role, please email your most recent CV to Richard.Gallagher@projectpeople.com and your application will be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.