Fantastic permanent opportunity available with a leading travel company based in Witney, Oxfordshire. We are recruiting for a Ticketing Agent.
As a Ticketing Agent you will efficiently and accurately issue airline tickets within set timeframes and complete the accompanying administrative duties. You will also look for opportunities to make savings and minimise penalties through errors.
- Producing and checking final itinerary documents.
- Issuing fares using CAT35 ticketing or building using manual fare building, ensuring that all names and flights match the booking.
- Issuing published fares, ensuring that ticketing dates are correct and that names and flights match the booking.
- Making cost savings by better ticketing or using different contracts.
- Reading airline contracts and understanding terminology associated
- Voiding incorrectly issued tickets.
- Ticketing child and infant fares.
- Communicating with Galileo help desk and other airlines about problems relating to tickets or contracts.
- Communicating errors found on tickets.
- Issuing Japan Rail Passes.
- Achieving targets set by Ticketing Supervisor.
- Quoting and issuing Round the World fares.
- Issuing Australia and New Zealand tickets.
- Identifying whether or not the best fare has been applied to a booking to make cost savings.
- Processing refunds and reissues.
- Offer guidance to Country Specialists with Galileo and ticketing related issues.
- Support Ticketing Help desk function.
- Manning ticketing help desk and dealing with relevant issues/upgrades/refunds.
- Managing the airline queries.
- GCSE Grace C (or above) in Maths and English.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and efficiently manage time.
- Highly organised.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Very good communication skills.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Interested in the travel industry and keen to pursue a travel career.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Preferably experience of using Galileo and Smartpoint (for higher level roles only)
- Previous travel experience is useful but not essential.
Our client is a great company to work for and the team is very friendly. We are recruiting for several Ticketing Agents with various level of experience and all applications will be considered. If you are interested in this nice opportunity and feel your profile is a good match then please submit your application on line or email direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.